Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Official preseason thread

12 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

I don't mind projections that are similar to last year. 

I can't envision a scenario where this team wins 22 games short of Gordon and Isaac with season ending injuries in November while we dump the vets in December-January for picks and start Bamba and iwundu. 

Agree. It wouldn't the worst scenario, either, as I think this team is starting to get some important pieces. Adding a high pick next year with gordon under contract, isaac and bamba developing and maybe rozier as a FA, then this team is a possible 4-5 in the East.

40 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

Interested to see who becomes available when teams make their final cuts.  We have an open roster spot if we decide not to keep Briscoe.

I can't imagine them not keeping briscoe unless someone really unexpected is available

Not because briscoe is some amazing piece but because I think the guy you bring in doesn't need to be better than briscoe, he needs to be better than Grant. 

With the way roster construction works a third string guy needs to be ok with being out of the rotation. And with us being, in all likelihood, not a playoff team it's not easy to find a guy that's ok with that

Our offense was really bad last night against the Spurs! Has AG improved? It looks to me like he is once again not playing within himself. I know he’s young, but he’s got 4 years in the league and for every highlight he has 2 mistakes. It appears he pushing the game rather then let it come to him. Kevin McKale had a similar assessment. If our main scorers are AG, EF and Vuc we are in big trouble. I think AG is going to be one of those streaky players throughout his career. Sell high. Issac, Bamba, Iwandu and Frazier all look solid. 

1 minute ago, Magicpassion said:

Our offense was really bad last night against the Spurs! Has AG improved? It looks to me like he is once again not playing within himself. I know he’s young, but he’s got 4 years in the league and for every highlight he has 2 mistakes. It appears he pushing the game rather then let it come to him. Kevin McKale had a similar assessment. If our main scorers are AG, EF and Vuc we are in big trouble. I think AG is going to be one of those streaky players throughout his career. Sell high. Issac, Bamba, Iwandu and Frazier all look solid. 

Did you watch?

Gordon played within himself. Gordon just missed a bunch of shots. No different than Fournier the first few games. 

You can really see a difference on the defensive positioning with isaac. I was sick of watching fournier let his man go past him effortless. isaac really stands up and holds his ground on D. I keep thinking isaac gordon and bamba can become something special in 2/3 years, this is why I think we are just an FA and high draft pick away from being a contender. It will depend a lot on who we choose / go after, and of course, avoiding the injury bug.

I am not sure if any of you watch Lebron's The Shop but Bamba mad an appearance in episode 2 that just aired. It may seem minute but I have seen around a bunch of big stars and I'd assume he is soaking up everything he can from each of them. The discussion he had with the group on The Shop should pay dividends in the long run for him. 

• Like 1