Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Official preseason thread

10 minutes ago, ~O~ said:

Iggy is what I thought would be the main component.  I...would even consider the league destroyed at the point.  I didn't care much for the cousins signing..but acquiring Butler...would be just too much for me.  

Nobodies even talking about this though and they need to save money to keep Klay so we're ok

11 hours ago, ~O~ said:

Negative.  This would only happen if the magic surprised everyone this season and made it to the second round and ended up top 3 in seeding. 

Our culture is a major problem here but I wont go on berating it like I always do. 

The culture won't change so long as DeVos owns it. Maybe the kids start squabbling over his assets and they end up selling. I can only hope. 

10 hours ago, Ibn Battuta said:

The culture won't change so long as DeVos owns it. Maybe the kids start squabbling over his assets and they end up selling. I can only hope. 

Eh. It’s more on the court personnel. We need to be rid of Vuch and Evan.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Yeah. We don't have the best ownership but we really don't have the worst

9 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Yeah. We don't have the best ownership but we really don't have the worst

A pro about them is they will spend, and they do seem eager to win. They will make changes when needed.

First of all, Jonathan Isaac is going to have to give them 70–75 games. It was kind of a lost year for him. The hope is he and Mohamed Bamba can show significant improvement by next summer. . . . They’re going to be where they are until Isaac and Bamba become the players they think they can be. Both of those guys need to get a little meaner. Watching them in pick-and-roll in Summer League, that could be incredible with their length and size. If they do reach their potential, it’ll be unreal. . . . Bamba could be like Clint Capela with more offensive upside, rolling and making jump shots. With his wingspan and athleticism, once he gets stronger, those are elite-level tools. He should bring the rim protection they’ve really lacked through the years. Now it’s about getting him reps. . . . If those guys develop quickly, Nikola Vucevic and Evan Fournier are young enough to where you can keep them around and build. . . . Vucevic is a really good offensive player, but his limitations on defense hurt his total impact. I mean, if he were in say, San Antonio, he’d be very, very good. He could be a trade deadline piece for them...When stuff runs through him and Fournier, that’s the IQ element of their team. Fournier can put it on the floor and shoot it, has some toughness, defends and he’s still only 25. He could fit on any team. . . . Maybe they find a point guard in the draft next year. Somehow they need to fill that spot long-term. D.J. Augustin and Jerian Grant are just placeholders. . . . Aaron Gordon has found his niche using his matchup advantage at power forward. It translates better. Look at how Shawn Marion worked out for the Suns. He’s a high-energy guy, high flyer, guards all those positions, he’s improving as a shooter, they invested and he’s only 22 years old. The fact they gave up Victor Oladipo and Domantas Sabonis [to the Thunder in 2016] still hurts, and it goes to show sometimes you have to stick with it and believe in your guys.

https://www.si.com/nba/2018/10/10/nba-scouts-analysis-warriors-lakers-celtics-lebron-james

It's probably been said 100 times already, the key to this season not being a disaster is whether Mo can adjust to the NBA marathon this year (or will it take 2?) and whether Isaac can stay healthy and contribute.  If either/both of those things don't happen then we are going to be the same team we've been the past few years, except with worse passing and hopefully less bad defense.

6 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

It's probably been said 100 times already, the key to this season not being a disaster is whether Mo can adjust to the NBA marathon this year (or will it take 2?) and whether Isaac can stay healthy and contribute.  If either/both of those things don't happen then we are going to be the same team we've been the past few years, except with worse passing and hopefully less bad defense.

Pretty much. 

Though I think we're fine if Bamba struggles but Isaac contributes. But if you get neither we're screwed. 

2 hours ago, Magicman28 said:

No way, their front office is as close to nepotism as you can get. Ever wonder why  so many ex magic players or coaches are always floated around as potential candidates? What about the family holding key positions in the organization. Martins, BVW, and others all hold positions that are responsible for setting the tone of the organization. And they play favorites. 

Based on the last five years, if we were any other team all these guys would be gone. But since they are family they get reassigned or transferred to another department.