Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Official preseason thread

Remember that Oladipo was supposed to be the second coming of Michael Jordan so yeah.  If he three peats twice, he's the Goat by default.  

• Downvote 1

38 minutes ago, ~O~ said:

Remember that Oladipo was supposed to be the second coming of Michael Jordan so yeah.  If he three peats twice, he's the Goat by default.  

Nobody said he was Michael Jordan. That was just an archetype comp. I.e. athleticism, defense, ball skills, not a great shooter. 

34 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Nobody said he was Michael Jordan. That was just an archetype comp. I.e. athleticism, defense, ball skills, not a great shooter. 

Hyperbole~~~~~!!!!!  It was a bite off his college to NBA projection.  Sarcasm

16 hours ago, magicdoc1 said:

On a side note, Is it me or people are seeing Mario differently since signing with New York? 

He is all of the sudden  better than last year and so far I have not seen anything different from him. I wish hime the best and still are upset for letting go like that but come on. 

Even his fantasy value and rankings are way higher. Just because he is a knick now. 

the other day, he had a -18 plus minus. I was like wow... 

5 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

Forget mario ...Isaac is something special if he can stay fit. His offence is gonna be fine and his defence will be certified all NBA. Watch 

isaac  needs to keep him self healthy. He was a big reason for our bad year last. His talent will not matter if he is not on the court. (Remembering Grant Hill for some reason...)

So far I think Bamba's offense is actually ahead of his defense. His stamina isn't great and he tends to reach when he's tired but I've also noticed he doesn't have the natural defensive instincts of Isaac. He tends to jog back on defense but his lateral movement is quite good, he can definitely check 4s. Overall his insane physical tools give him a huge margin for error but he has quite a ways to go on that end of the floor.

1 hour ago, Bauncey Chillups said:

So far I think Bamba's offense is actually ahead of his defense. His stamina isn't great and he tends to reach when he's tired but I've also noticed he doesn't have the natural defensive instincts of Isaac. He tends to jog back on defense but his lateral movement is quite good, he can definitely check 4s. Overall his insane physical tools give him a huge margin for error but he has quite a ways to go on that end of the floor.

Eh I don't necessarily disagree but I think his instincts have mostly been fine in a one on one setting. He doesn't get baited into fakes which is usually a problem with young shot blockers. 

His main flaw right now seems to be processing i.e. "I'm standing close to a teammate and (forward) is open with the ball. Is it my responsibility to rotate? Or an I supposed to cover the basket while (teammate) leaves his man to rotate". 

But yeah, you're right. His offense has stood out more than his defense so far. I did not expect him to be so aggressive on that side. 

21 hours ago, Bauncey Chillups said:

Mario's still exactly the same.

Mario is the same and has the same upside as Harkless, much less in my book. He can possibly be ok surrounded with the right players and system. If you want to feel a little self pity, watch Elfrid this year. He is in the perfect place to actually do something if he  has any  NBA level talent.

53 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Mario is the same and has the same upside as Harkless, much less in my book. He can possibly be ok surrounded with the right players and system. If you want to feel a little self pity, watch Elfrid this year. He is in the perfect place to actually do something if he  has any  NBA level talent.

I noticed myself.  He had 5 turnovers one night.  Thankfully......he's not embarassing us for now.  He still has time to develop and with the right people, he can.