Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Official preseason thread

2 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Vooch is not only empty calories, his lack of two way effort has set a certain culture in Orlando that has to go. I hope, really hope, that other players this year get fired up and hold him accountable. Sure wish we still had Dipo, as I’m sure he would of had enough of it by now.

Amen and +1

8 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Wonder what it’d take to trade for Rozier mid-year

I think it's literally impossible for us to come up with a reasonable trade for Rozier.

He makes too little so you can't send them multiple players for him. 

They have no bad contracts so you can't take back negative value with him. 

They have no holes at positions we're able to fill. Their only need is backup point guard which Rozier currently fills and high end defensive center for the future. 

So the only way I think we're getting Rozier during the season is a Rozier and Bamba swap or pull a Billy king trade and give them multiple draft picks/pick swaps. 

I think the smart move is to just wait. There's only two teams who can pay him and promise him a starting spot. Us and Phoenix. 

• Like 1

FOX Sports Florida, the exclusive television home of the Orlando Magic, announced plans to televise two Magic preseason games in anticipation of the 2018-19 NBA regular season.

The Orlando Magic versus Miami HEAT preseason game on Monday, Oct. 8 and Orlando Magic vs. Memphis Grizzlies preseason game on Wednesday, Oct. 10 will each be televised throughout North / Central Florida. Live coverage will begin at tip-off time. In addition to television coverage, each game will be live streamed on the FOX Sports app. The FOX Sports app, in conjunction with the Amway Center and the Magic Radio Network, will also provide live streaming coverage of the Magic’s preseason games vs. Flamengo (Brazil) on Friday, Oct. 5 and vs. the San Antonio Spurs on Friday, Oct. 12.

https://www.foxsports.com/florida/story/fox-sports-florida-televise-orlando-magic-preseason-games-100418

So, I was looking at pre-season schedules and it makes no sense. Why do some teams have 4 pre-season games, others have 5, and some have 6? Every team should have the exact same #. Has it always been this way and I was just ignorant of it?

I am happy that we only have 4, by the way. It should give the team more time to practice which is more important right now. Just doesn't seem to make sense to have this type of difference.

5 minutes ago, Odin said:

So, I was looking at pre-season schedules and it makes no sense. Why do some teams have 4 pre-season games, others have 5, and some have 6? Every team should have the exact same #. Has it always been this way and I was just ignorant of it?

I am happy that we only have 4, by the way. It should give the team more time to practice which is more important right now. Just doesn't seem to make sense to have this type of difference.

Are you looking at schedules including friendlies against international teams?

Edit: I guess you're not because we play 5 games including one tonight

Just now, ?4thewin said:

Are you looking at schedules including friendlies against international teams?

Ahh, I did miss a game for us. But there is still the same difference. The 76ers play 4, we play 5, lakers play 6. I am guessing the 76ers have less since they have had to travel overseas, but it still doesn't quite make sense.

3 minutes ago, Odin said:

Ahh, I did miss a game for us. But there is still the same difference. The 76ers play 4, we play 5, lakers play 6. I am guessing the 76ers have less since they have had to travel overseas, but it still doesn't quite make sense.

I heard teams schedule their own preseason games. I guess some play more than others. 

I didn't know there was a difference but I guess it's not really a big deal