Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Official preseason thread

15 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Spoiler alert: It's not going to work

Probably not. 

But I think we should exhaust every opportunity for lineup combinations.

What I was thinking about though, I'm not sure the two center look is a bad idea in theory against specific matchups. What I'm not sure about is Vuc Bamba being the best pairing to execute that lineup. 

Wouldn't Bamba-Birch be better given Birch's perimeter ability? A Ross-Gordon-Isaac-bamba-Birch package might throw opponents completely out of their rhythm. 

5 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Probably not. 

What I was thinking about though, I'm not sure the two center look is a bad idea in theory against specific matchups. What I'm not sure about is Vuc Bamba being the best pairing to execute that lineup. 

Wouldn't Bamba-Birch be better given Birch's perimeter ability? A Ross-Gordon-Isaac-bamba-Birch package might throw opponents completely out of their rhythm. 

Yes, I was talking about Vuc-Bamba not working. I think other "big" lineups can work. Even Isaac-Gordon-Bamba can be considered super big and I'd be excited about that lineup.

I think that the Warriors could be bothered by a bigger, more athletic team. Before KD jumped the fence, the Thunder really could have beat them by having Adams, KD and Westbrook

7 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Probably not. 

It’s not going to work. I don’t know why coaches come here and insist on putting a square peg in a round hole.

3 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

It’s not going to work. I don’t know why coaches come here and insist on putting a square peg in a round hole.

It's just to explore possible mismatches. If Bamba can play 4 you'll either have vucevic posting up on a smaller guy or Bamba attacking the rim like he did against embiid but with a 6'9 guy in embiid's place. That's something other teams might not be able to stop. 

However on the other end I think you'd just sacrifice one guy to Bamba in the corner and stick vucevic in a 1-5 pick and roll. 

We were literally a -20 in the first half with Vuc in the lineup and we were playing catch up the rest of the game. It’s the story of the last two years.

How is it that these coaches keep drinking the Vuc kool-aid and miss the obvious?

And, yes, I would try Bamba/Birch/Gordon if Isaac is out this season. 

Vuc is BEST as a sixth man scoring machine. Put him in the second lineup with Fournier. 

42 minutes ago, Catalina Maria said:

We were literally a -20 in the first half with Vuc in the lineup and we were playing catch up the rest of the game. It’s the story of the last two years.

How is it that these coaches keep drinking the Vuc kool-aid and miss the obvious?

And, yes, I would try Bamba/Birch/Gordon if Isaac is out this season. 

Vuc is BEST as a sixth man scoring machine. Put him in the second lineup with Fournier. 

I wouldn't play Bamba Birch Gordon. Not when we have solid wings. That's just a gimmick lineup you play here and there

We appear to still have the same issues we've had for the past few years.  As much as we look forward to a lineup without Nik we need someone capable of replacing his point production.  Until we get more frontcourt offense we will be fed a steady diet of Nik-whiches. We keep hoping Gordon is the answer, just like we keep hearing about he's due for a breakout.  It is what it is.  

7 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

We appear to still have the same issues we've had for the past few years.  As much as we look forward to a lineup without Nik we need someone capable of replacing his point production.  Until we get more frontcourt offense we will be fed a steady diet of Nik-whiches. We keep hoping Gordon is the answer, just like we keep hearing about he's due for a breakout.  It is what it is.  

If Bamba consistently scores how he scored Monday there's your offense

3 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

If Bamba consistently scores how he scored Monday there's your offense

Yea. I think a combination of Bamba and Isaac will likely take some of that offensive production. I think the offense will flow if we improve our defense. We need to see more of that transition offense.  

DJ, Gordon and Ross will have to step up as well. They need to become more efficient shooters.

3 hours ago, Catalina Maria said:

Vuc is BEST as a sixth man scoring machine. 

I think That is the first time I see “Vuc” and “Best” been used in the same sentence.

• Upvote 1

Vuch and bamba playing together. I think I just threw up in my mouth. This is just not right. Why do we keep getting coaches who are old thinking fart boxes. I’m a bears fan and John fox was the same way and got nowhere with them. Now we have a new thinking coach in Nagy and see how their doing. 

Wake up Magic front office!!!

• Like 1

Vooch is not only empty calories, his lack of two way effort has set a certain culture in Orlando that has to go. I hope, really hope, that other players this year get fired up and hold him accountable. Sure wish we still had Dipo, as I’m sure he would of had enough of it by now.

• Upvote 1