Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Official preseason thread

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

I can't believe I talked myself into him again. 

Probably because of the new coaching staff and their “defensive” mindset.

What irks me is again, we have a coach who seems to be infatuated with him. 

22 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

I dont know what you were expecting out of him. He is just that. Good offensive player with very little effort in defense.  

Vucevic was actually one of the worst offensive players in the league last year.

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Vucevic was actually one of the worst offensive players in the league last year.

A little harsh. 

We look like the same old team. Our inept offense made it look like weve never played together before. What the hell is going on?

And get rid of Vuc please he’s never going to change. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

We look like the same old team. Our inept offense made it look like weve never played together before. What the hell is going on?

We are pretty much the same old team, which is why I didn’t really understand all the optimism over the summer.  Still, just one preseason game.  Hopefully at least the defense can make some strides this season, although it may be difficult with Vuch playing major minutes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, magicdoc1 said:

I dont know what you were expecting out of him. He is just that. Good offensive player with very little effort in defense.  

Honestly the whole video is bad.  His laziness and poor effort in defense. 

Still, somehow, coaches along the league see him as an asset. Stan said this morning that Vuc, in his opinion, is the 2nd best center offensive guy in The league after Jokic. Jokic, Vuc and Embiid. In that order. Crazy. But spparently that is the feeling along the league. We need to trade him sooner than later. We dont want his value to continue going down. 

If people really saw him as an asset, he would have had some trade value and we could have gotten rid of him some time ago.  He evidently hasn’t had much trade value for years.  There is no “feeling” within the league that he’s good.  No one has wanted to trade for him, no matter what they say

44 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

First preseason games are generally like this. The worst offense in the NBA last year was the Phoenix suns at 100.8. right now there are 10 NBA teams under that mark for the preseason. 

The funny thing is our offense is currently 8th in the NBA (which also means nothing because it's the preseason and one game). 

44 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

We are pretty much the same old team, which is why I didn’t really understand all the optimism over the summer.  Still, just one preseason game.  Hopefully at least the defense can make some strides this season, although it may be difficult with Vuch playing major minutes.

We're not the same team though. A teams identity is more than one problematic center

I don't know if some of you aren't used to the preseason or don't watch other preseason games but last night pretty much met expectations. 

We committed 33 fouls. Portland had 45. The median among all teams is 28. Last regular season no team averaged more than 23. 

We turned the ball over the second fewest amount with 12. Portland had 24, Denver had 22, San Antonio had 22, Washington had 24. We're fourth in fg%, 13th in threes made, 5th in three point percentage, 6th in assists. 

Fournier went 1-11, Simmons went 1-5

Kentavious Caldwell Pope went 0-5, Ibaka is 0-1, olynyk is 1-10, Wes Matthews is 1-7, Danny Green is 1-6, Millsap is 1-5, Gordon Hayward is 3-14, Bradley Beal is 3-12

Yesterday's ugly basketball is typical preseason ugly basketball. This is normal. We had a pretty positive result.