Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Official preseason thread

I was with the experiment at Mario at point since point guards have more size this generation.  That **** has ported into china right now.  

The highlights from the Charlotte/Boston game was great.  Tony Parker sure does look odd in the hornets Jersey.  Deron Lamb, Nicholas Batum, and Kemba Walker are the hornets future for now.  Didn't think Kaminsky was still in the league.

Boston is going to be dominant this season but Charlottes win had the context of a college championship game.  Some great put back dunks there.  Tatum is starting to look like Kobe Bryant in the mid range department. 

Fournier and vuc are not starting material. Not for a winning team 

this is the year we will get to see if gordon really improved. And also we will really see what we have in Isaac. 

Best standing scenario is getting into the playoffs as 7-8 seed but I would rather keep building through the draft adding a guard with a high pick. 

Still think we should try to get Butler. With him we would make the playoffs. Even if he leaves after one season that would be a impotant experience for our young players (Gordon, Isaac and Bamba).

I would offer Fournier, Vuc and next years 1rd Pick for Butler. Also I would try to get a PG on a short deal. My Nr. 1 option would be Rubio. But I think the Jazz would like to keep him. My Nr. 2 option is G. Hill. His 2nd year is only guaranteed for 1 mil. A packet of Ross and Augustine should be enough (saves the cavs some luxery tax an gives Sexton more playing time).

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yclj3sny

In the worst case we lose our 2019 Pick (not in the lottery when we make the playoffs) and flip Fournier for Dieng. If Butler wants to leave us, maybe we could do a sign and trade (with Brookly for Russell?).

Best case: Butler stays in Orlando and we could bring another PG to Orlando in next years FA (Walker, Irving, Rozier, Rubio?).

• Downvote 1

4 hours ago, matthi32 said:

Still think we should try to get Butler. With him we would make the playoffs. Even if he leaves after one season that would be a impotant experience for our young players (Gordon, Isaac and Bamba).

I would offer Fournier, Vuc and next years 1rd Pick for Butler. Also I would try to get a PG on a short deal. My Nr. 1 option would be Rubio. But I think the Jazz would like to keep him. My Nr. 2 option is G. Hill. His 2nd year is only guaranteed for 1 mil. A packet of Ross and Augustine should be enough (saves the cavs some luxery tax an gives Sexton more playing time).

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yclj3sny

In the worst case we lose our 2019 Pick (not in the lottery when we make the playoffs) and flip Fournier for Dieng. If Butler wants to leave us, maybe we could do a sign and trade (with Brookly for Russell?).

Best case: Butler stays in Orlando and we could bring another PG to Orlando in next years FA (Walker, Irving, Rozier, Rubio?).

New Management is following a scheme of defensive prowess. Rubio or Hill don’t fit the timeline.

Jerian Grant and Fournier are way underrated on this board. 

Your proposed trade would hamper our future for short term gains.

5 hours ago, Catalina Maria said:

New Management is following a scheme of defensive prowess. Rubio or Hill don’t fit the timeline.

Jerian Grant and Fournier are way underrated on this board. 

Your proposed trade would hamper our future for short term gains.

I disegee with you. Both Rubio and Hill are better defender than Augustine. Also Butler and Dieng are better defenders than Fournier and Vuc.

How would those trades hamper our future? Like I have said, worst case we flip Fournier for Dieng. 

10 hours ago, alwaystragic said:

Fournier and vuc are not starting material. Not for a winning team 

this is the year we will get to see if gordon really improved. And also we will really see what we have in Isaac. 

Best standing scenario is getting into the playoffs as 7-8 seed but I would rather keep building through the draft adding a guard with a high pick. 

How is Fournier any worse than bojan bogdanovic, Dion waiters, Tony Snell, Andrew Wiggins, Austin Rivers, Will Barton, Danny Green, e'twaun Moore, and Mo Harkless?

35 minutes ago, matthi32 said:

I disegee with you. Both Rubio and Hill are better defender than Augustine. Also Butler and Dieng are better defenders than Fournier and Vuc.

How would those trades hamper our future? Like I have said, worst case we flip Fournier for Dieng. 

It doesn't make sense to trade for a mediocre point guard today just for the sake of saying we have a better for this year. 

Augustin was good last year and by all accounts is having a great camp. We should be able to survive one season with this point guard rotation. 

Next summer is a good free agency year for point guards with upside. We should just wait it out unless point guard play is detrimental. 

I understand that this is a transition year and I won't be too mad with who starts for us this year, as long as the future isn't compromised.

Even with all the turmoil of past years I still can't wait to watch our team play. Come back quickly, NBA!

7 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

How is Fournier any worse than bojan bogdanovic, Dion waiters, Tony Snell, Andrew Wiggins, Austin Rivers, Will Barton, Danny Green, e'twaun Moore, and Mo Harkless?

Wiggins Barton and Rivers better than Fournier for sure 

waiters and green have been up and down their whole career

Harkless is better defensively and worse offensively. 

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

It's just preseason and just one game but Payton's haircut isn't showing great results so far. 

Looks like he played out of position with Jrue at the point.  Had the most field goals and shot 20%.  Couldn't buy a three and I'm assuming..that his 2 field goals made were lay ins or floaters like they usually were.  

Sounds like theres been no improvement whatsoever.  I believe he's wasted potential and its quite a bit forlorn at this point of his career.  All the tools are there....but  ..let me slow down. Its the preseason.