Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Official preseason thread

58 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Jimmy Butler, Tyus Jones, Gorgui Dieng

FOR

Nikola Vucevic, Evan Fournier, Jonathon Simmons, 1st round pick

--

Even if Butler leaves we get our PG of the future and open up space for Bamba. And an awfully entertaining team even if just for one season

I don't like this deal because you don't get cap room with it. If Butler leaves and Jones is nothing but a backup (that you have to resign next summer) you've destroyed your team with limited ability to improve it next year. 

1 hour ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

FOR

--

Even if Butler leaves we get our PG of the future and open up space for Bamba. And an awfully entertaining team even if just for one season

That’s a pretty decent deal. I don’t know if Minnesota can get much more value than that.

1 hour ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

FOR

--

I like this trade for two reasons: 1. It gets Butler and allows us to push for the playoffs, and 2. It allows us to move on from Vooch. 

However, I don’t like it because it ties up future cap space in a backup center, which we’re already doing with Mozgov. 

I think the wise move is to continue to allow Gordon, Isaac and Bamba to grow this year and pursue a stud PG next year in free agency.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/2018/09/19/2019-nba-free-agent-ranking-the-top-10-guards/#61b2b5575421

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

I don't like this deal because you don't get cap room with it. If Butler leaves and Jones is nothing but a backup (that you have to resign next summer) you've destroyed your team with limited ability to improve it next year. 

Yeah I didn’t even look at future salary complications.

Rather roll with what we got.

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Eh. I don't know about Lowry. He's been in decline and got all pissy because Toronto traded DeRozan. How's he going to react to coming here?

What it sounds like to me is he wants to be anywhere but Toronto since he’s trying to play the betrayal card too. Plus for some reason I think he might be a small market kind of guy and he might even be excited to reunite with Ross? It would be good for the magic to have a vet come in with so much playoff experience like Lowry has

13 minutes ago, WarDamnMagic said:

What it sounds like to me is he wants to be anywhere but Toronto since he’s trying to play the betrayal card too. Plus for some reason I think he might be a small market kind of guy and he might even be excited to reunite with Ross? It would be good for the magic to have a vet come in with so much playoff experience like Lowry has

Eh. I dunno. He's right at that age/games/minutes area where his production might fall off a cliff

“I thought he (Bamba) did a really good job,” Clifford said after the morning practice. “He’s smart. It’s just, again, I hope people are fair with him. I mean, it’s a huge jump and he’s a young guy, and it’s going to take him some time before he can learn. I’m going to say it to you guys this way: [He’s 20] years old. Do you know how many guys who have ever come in as rookies and been really good players on teams that were any good at all?”

“What I’m just saying is, let’s just give this guy some time here,” Clifford added. “He’s got a chance to be good. We’ve got to be fair with him and give him some time to, like he talked about, be in the weight room and get stronger. … He’s got a chance to be terrific. It’s not going to be in two weeks, you know?”

Welp...

Jimmy Butler and his agent Bernie Lee have informed Wolves ownership that Miami is Butler's preferred trade destination, league sources say

Per Marc Stein

19 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:
Welp...

Jimmy Butler and his agent Bernie Lee have informed Wolves ownership that Miami is Butler's preferred trade destination, league sources say

Per Marc Stein

I figured that's where he'd be going since the trade request

37 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

“I thought he (Bamba) did a really good job,” Clifford said after the morning practice. “He’s smart. It’s just, again, I hope people are fair with him. I mean, it’s a huge jump and he’s a young guy, and it’s going to take him some time before he can learn. I’m going to say it to you guys this way: [He’s 20] years old. Do you know how many guys who have ever come in as rookies and been really good players on teams that were any good at all?”

“What I’m just saying is, let’s just give this guy some time here,” Clifford added. “He’s got a chance to be good. We’ve got to be fair with him and give him some time to, like he talked about, be in the weight room and get stronger. … He’s got a chance to be terrific. It’s not going to be in two weeks, you know?”

I've started fighting people on Twitter who want to dump vucevic and let Bamba start. 

It's very likely Bamba is going to be bad this year. Give him time. All I want is for him to be a more positive impact than Biyombo

17 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I've started fighting people on Twitter who want to dump vucevic and let Bamba start. 

It's very likely Bamba is going to be bad this year. Give him time. All I want is for him to be a more positive impact than Biyombo

I’m with you there, but I’d still like to dump Vuch.  We know his mental makeup by now, and it negatively effects the whole team.  I’d much rather see Birch.  

We have a whole month of games from last season that says we’re better without Vuch.  Team performance took a huge dive when he came back; just compare the before and after W-L record.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

I’d still like to dump Vuch.  We know his mental makeup by now, and it negatively effects the whole team.  I’d much rather see Birch. 

This