Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Official preseason thread

4 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

What lineup were you expecting?

It is surprising that Isaac is already getting what seem to be starter's reps.  I think most of us anticipated that Ross/Simmons would begin in that role with Isaac assuming it over time.

Edit: I think it is a pleasant surprise, I should clarify.

29 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

What lineup were you expecting?

Day 1 I was expecting Augustin-Simmons or Ross-Fournier-Gordon-vucevic

Only because coaches tend to skew toward veterans early and Isaac still looked really erratic in summer league. I expected Isaac to eventually take the starting spot. Just figured eventually was going to be week 2 of the preseason or the first game of the regular season or December first or something like that.

It's a very good thing Isaac already has that spot. It means he's grown considerably in the last few months. 

7 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

The NBA offseason always feels way longer than it actually is. I can't overstate the importance of basketball for my mood

Don’t forget that by last March, many fans hoped we wouldn’t win another game and couldn’t wait for the season to end.  My main gauge for success this season will be if we still want to watch them by March. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JJZFL said:

Don’t forget that by last March, many fans hoped we wouldn’t win another game and couldn’t wait for the season to end.  My main gauge for success this season will be if we still want to watch them by March. 

Pretty much. No more tanking....

So with all this Kyle Lowry and Jimmy Butler drama going on... how about going after Lowry on the cheap in a 3 way deal. Gives us a veteran with major playoff experience to help lead the team and his 2 years left on his contract would give us more time to find our franchise pg. We would also have another huge expiring deal in 2 years along with mozgovs.

something like this maybe? 

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y73cgqwb

I would say try and go after butler ourselves but I really don’t think we can retain him and don’t want to give up picks for a rental. I think he and kyrie have plans of playing with each other also

2 hours ago, WarDamnMagic said:

So with all this Kyle Lowry and Jimmy Butler drama going on... how about going after Lowry on the cheap in a 3 way deal. Gives us a veteran with major playoff experience to help lead the team and his 2 years left on his contract would give us more time to find our franchise pg. We would also have another huge expiring deal in 2 years along with mozgovs.

I would say try and go after butler ourselves but I really don’t think we can retain him and don’t want to give up picks for a rental. I think he and kyrie have plans of playing with each other also

Sign me up, but I think Minnesota can get a better deal

Jimmy Butler, Tyus Jones, Gorgui Dieng

FOR

Nikola Vucevic, Evan Fournier, Jonathon Simmons, 1st round pick

--

Even if Butler leaves we get our PG of the future and open up space for Bamba. And an awfully entertaining team even if just for one season

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, WarDamnMagic said:

Eh. I don't know about Lowry. He's been in decline and got all pissy because Toronto traded DeRozan. How's he going to react to coming here?