Sign in to follow this  
You're Fat, Pat!

History of the Magic through my old edits and signatures

Hi, everyone! I'm "You're Fat, Pat!" (YFP for short). I used to eat, sleep, and drink this message board many moons ago. It was a huge part of my life and, as silly as it may sound to some, had grown to be like an additional family. We were, at one point, relatively small in number yet massive in our collective fanhood and we had a really great time!

But, life eventually got in the way and my presence here and on other forums/sites dwindled.

So, why am I here? Well, today I was led to my old Photobucket account. When I opened it, I was bombarded with all of these wacky old edits and signatures from my time on this board. In a lot of ways, it kinda tells the story of the Magic from about 2006-2010. I thought it would be kinda fun to share it with you. 

To any of the O.G.'s still perusing the site, I hope you all are doing well. To those who I do not know, thanks for being awesome, dedicated Magic fans. We will ascend into greatness again some day! :)

- My very first signature on this site. Produced it in the 2006-2007 season prior to Vince Carter's 2007 free agency. Little did we all know that he actually WOULD join the team in 2010!
Mr.png

- Instead, we signed this guy in 2007 and I welcomed him with my signature.
Rashard.png

- I thought this group would be the team that would lead us to glory...four out of five ain't bad!
07-08.png

- I think this was after Dwight signed his first extension? I don't know. It's awful though...haha!
DD.png

- This was a big one...once upon a time, there was a very real possibility that the Magic would move away from Orlando if we didn't get a new arena (now the Amway Center). I'll never forget the relief that went through my body when the vote passed!
newrena.png

- Some of the guys in this post were a joke, some were serious...but man, I genuinely thought we would win one with D12. :(
eyeonprize.png

- *shrugs*
nbapat.png

- One of my favorite players ever...Trevor Ariza!
airizacopy.png

- Once upon a time, there was an article from Polish media about Marcin Gortat. When we translated it to English, we were referred to as the Orlando Warlocks.
warlocks.png

- Jameer and Turk went through a rough shooting stretch...hah.
Brixcopy.png

- Man, we loved Dwight once upon a time...
JackDwightChuckcopy.png
DwightSuperMancopy.png
Crush1.png

- *shrugs again*
SpaceTurkcopy.png

- We got a little hostile during our showdown with Toronto during the 2008 playoffs... ;)
Crush.jpg
Janetorcopy.png
Boshbackcopy.png
Red-ycopy.png

- Fast forward to the 2009 playoffs...
LewShotSigcopy.png

- Trophy for the Cavs...
ECF.png

- After the Finals loss...
Captainscopy.png

- Then 2010...
MuscleSigcopy.png

- Signature before each round...
RoundOnecopy.png
RoundTwocopy.png
RoundThreecopy.png

That's all I've got. Hard to believe this was 8-12 years ago!

Hope this trip down memory lane was either educational or entertaining. And if I broke any rules by posting too many images, I apologize to the mods. :)

Cheers, all. Go Magic.

• Like 1

I remember some of those images lol I’m getting old. Great to stroll down that lane again. Good to hear from one of the og’s. 

And as “Jack Daniels” would say “I believe”.

Here’s to more great  magic memories. 

• Like 1

Good to see you back, old friend. This certainlyvwas a blast from the past. This message board was something special back then. Unfortunately I don't have any of my beautiful MS paint masterpieces to share. Also the tiny hands Rashard was a beautiful moment.

Captainscopy.png

I remember this one quite well.

And I understand seeing forum members as extended family haha. I talk to some people here and on the UFC Forum more frequently than I do to relatives

On 8/27/2018 at 7:08 PM, ?4thewin said:

Do you have Lewis with the tiny hands? I searched for it on here and found the thread but the image links are dead

I do not. :(

On 8/28/2018 at 7:38 PM, jec said:

Good to see you back, old friend. This certainlyvwas a blast from the past. This message board was something special back then. Unfortunately I don't have any of my beautiful MS paint masterpieces to share. Also the tiny hands Rashard was a beautiful moment.

Your MS masterpieces were 100x better than anything I ever created! :)

On 8/29/2018 at 7:37 AM, Soul Bro said:

YFP, great to hear from you!

Likewise! I should come around here more often!