Sign in to follow this  
Magicpassion

WHO IS THE BREAKOUT PLAYER/S

Who do you think will be the player or players to take a step up?

Ross - contract year and has been working hard this summer. 

Grant - it’s his time and opportunity at 25 to make the jump and he knows it. 

Gordon - I expect a mini jump - hopefully 35% from 3, better shot selection and more consistent D

Issac - I think next year he makes a bigger jump, but will see improvement this year as a creator and shot maker  - still needs work on his body. 

Your thoughts?

59 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

Gordon - I expect a mini jump - hopefully 35% from 3, better shot selection and more consistent D

Issac - I think next year he makes a bigger jump, but will see improvement this year as a creator and shot maker  - still needs work on his body. 

Your thoughts?

image.png.22c4dbc2cb59e8ac53d2cb8fe90d96ac.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Magicpassion said:

Your thoughts?

I don’t expect much from Ross honestly.  We can only hope that AG elevates his game to the level of his contract.  Grant is about to the experience /age where pg’s usually start putting it all together, I am bullish on him.  I expect great things from Isaac, assuming he stays healthy.  

Basically I’m in the same boat as you minus Ross.

15 hours ago, Magicpassion said:

Your thoughts?

Everyone said the exact same thing about Ross, how great he looked over the summer and mini camp, then he started the season not hitting the broad side of a barn but was still great on defense so we messed him when he went down. Ain't bankin' on him.

Grant, I could see him pop off in relative terms and average something like 15 5 and 5 and that'd be FANTASTIC for us with good D.

Gordon, I see this being the year that everything comes together. Maybe last year he forced some things due to it being a contract year but I can see him being much more efficient.

Isaac- if he averages 12 - 6 - 1 - and 2+ blocks & steals, I'd be glad with that jump.

Dark Horse- Evan Fournier, I could see him averaging 20 points per game as hes a real secondary attack player so naturally if people around him are playing better that takes less of the defenses pressure off of him. I could see him popping off honestly. 

3 hours ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Everyone said the exact same thing about Ross, how great he looked over the summer and mini camp, then he started the season not hitting the broad side of a barn but was still great on defense so we messed him when he went down. Ain't bankin' on him.

Grant, I could see him pop off in relative terms and average something like 15 5 and 5 and that'd be FANTASTIC for us with good D.

Gordon, I see this being the year that everything comes together. Maybe last year he forced some things due to it being a contract year but I can see him being much more efficient.

Isaac- if he averages 12 - 6 - 1 - and 2+ blocks & steals, I'd be glad with that jump.

Dark Horse- Evan Fournier, I could see him averaging 20 points per game as hes a real secondary attack player so naturally if people around him are playing better that takes less of the defenses pressure off of him. I could see him popping off honestly. 

Ross didn't even shoot that bad last year. He just had a really bad 4 game stretch where he shot 1/15 that skewed the numbers. His other 18 games before injury he shot 39%

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Ross didn't even shoot that bad last year. He just had a really bad 4 game stretch where he shot 1/15 that skewed the numbers. His other 18 games before injury he shot 39%

great point!

7 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

39% is now good? What a low bar we have set. He is a good bench player and that is it. He will always show flashes and a hot streak now and then. But his stroke is really loose and will never be consistent. 

• Downvote 1

23 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

39% is now good? What a low bar we have set. He is a good bench player and that is it. He will always show flashes and a hot steak now and then. But his stroke is really loose and will never be consistent. 

The league average last year for the 3 point shot was 36%. Sorry, he’s not Steph or Klay, but those guys are the best two 3 point shooters in league history

53 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

39% is now good? What a low bar we have set. He is a good bench player and that is it. He will always show flashes and a hot streak now and then. But his stroke is really loose and will never be consistent. 

39% from three has always been good