TheNameIsOrlando

Summer League Thread

7 hours ago, Magicman28 said:

Could be smoke. I wouldn't be surprised if we kept him though. He's the new Pat Garrity. He's got inside info on everyone.

Except Pat Garrity was a beast.

I really think these college players need to stay in college another year or two. There bodies and minds are not ready for the nba for the vast majority. It is really hurting the league imo. The magic are a great example. Bamba Isaac and Gordon are and were not ready to play against grown men. And we the fans are forced to watch in the hopes that they magically mature at a exponential rate. 

I understand the players want to get that paycheck. And some families really need it. But something should be done to change the situation. Because it’s not helping the college or nba game. 

31 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

I really think these college players need to stay in college another year or two. There bodies and minds are not ready for the nba for the vast majority. It is really hurting the league imo. The magic are a great example. Bamba Isaac and Gordon are and were not ready to play against grown men. And we the fans are forced to watch in the hopes that they magically mature at a exponential rate. 

I understand the players want to get that paycheck. And some families really need it. But something should be done to change the situation. Because it’s not helping the college or nba game. 

I disagree. I don't think there's anything to support your point

11 hours ago, LaVar said:

The same could be said about us. Most people want mo and JI to start. Plus, the pg position is open. 

At this point in time our PG position is anything, but open. If we don't make another personnel move then Clifford already has DJ penciled in as the starter. That I'll pretty much guarantee you.

14 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Well written argument. 

The last two years have been the best offensive years in nba history. Television numbers are way up. The playoffs were well stocked in first and second year guys making major impact. Don't think there's a measurable way to support your point. 

18 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Well written argument. 

Actually I agree with him completely. The NBA is going to go the way of MLB and create a minor league so to say to develop young players that want to bypass college. Let's be honest. When it comes to sports programs nothing was more corrupt then the **** we were seeing in the college programs. When these kids hit 18 years old they have the right to work and get paid if someone's willing to do it (owners.).....

14 minutes ago, DirtDan2012 said:

Actually I agree with him completely. The NBA is going to go the way of MLB and create a minor league so to say to develop young players that want to bypass college. Let's be honest. When it comes to sports programs nothing was more corrupt then the **** we were seeing in the college programs. When these kids hit 18 years old they have the right to work and get paid if someone's willing to do it (owners.).....

I agree. A baseball type farm system would be awesome. Something where you own the players rights for 6 or 7 years like baseball and have to call them up to the nba within 3 years or something. I feel like someone like Mario would have greatly benefited from developing in a minor league system like the G-League for a couple of years before being thrown into the nba. 

The issue is rookie deals are to short and teams are forced to mak decisions on these players well before we really know anything about them, they are afterall only 22-23. Rookie deals should be longer.