TheNameIsOrlando

Summer League Thread

11 hours ago, Diplo said:

Wow I can't believe I didnt know a thing about Karl Malone being a pedophile. This whole time....Wow.  

I've never heard anything about the mail man.

On 7/13/2018 at 8:28 PM, Years of Tragic and Magic said:

I don't know about the middle schooler trying to trap a guy excuse.  Rumor has it she pinkie promised she was 18 and that held up in court.

Have a friend that was a DJ in a 21 and up club, met a hot girl, got a room, did the wild thing. Her parents pressed charges becuase she was only 16 but she had fake ID to get in the club. He is on the pedophile list forever.

9 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Have a friend that was a DJ in a 21 and up club, met a hot girl, got a room, did the wild thing. Her parents pressed charges becuase she was only 16 but she had fake ID to get in the club. He is on the pedophile list forever.

I have a buddy who was drunk after a college football game took a piss in public (this was on a Saturday) but it was within 100 yards of a school so he’s now on a sex offender list  for life. 

Dont pee in public and if you do be sure it’s no where near a school. 

1 hour ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I'm thinking your buddy might be lying to you as that's not something the state usually prosecutes

8 hours ago, HeHateMe said:

I have a buddy who was drunk after a college football game took a piss in public (this was on a Saturday) but it was within 100 yards of a school so he’s now on a sex offender list  for life. 

Dont pee in public and if you do be sure it’s no where near a school. 

I think that also happened to Charlie Day's character on Horrible Bosses.

Edit: It was a playground in the movie, but same idea.

This team is starting to remind me a little bit of the Pistons in the early '00s: while the rest of the league was focusing on building offensive teams, the Pistons hyper-focused on defense and tore up the league for almost a decade by breaking from type. 

With everyone cloning the Warriors, it could be an interesting idea. Just need to keep the team together for a couple years so they can gel. I'll repeat that for Magic ownership: WE NEED TO KEEP THE PLAYERS TOGETHER FOR MORE THAN THREE DAMN GAMES SO THEY CAN GEL. 

16 minutes ago, 30Assists said:

This team is starting to remind me a little bit of the Pistons in the early '00s: while the rest of the league was focusing on building offensive teams, the Pistons hyper-focused on defense and tore up the league for almost a decade by breaking from type. 

With everyone cloning the Warriors, it could be an interesting idea. Just need to keep the team together for a couple years so they can gel. I'll repeat that for Magic ownership: WE NEED TO KEEP THE PLAYERS TOGETHER FOR MORE THAN THREE DAMN GAMES SO THEY CAN GEL. 

But I thought the plan was to trade away talented youth for low picks, one-year declining vets, and cap space?

2 minutes ago, Odin said:

But I thought the plan was to trade away talented youth for low picks, one-year declining vets, and cap space?

No, that was years 4 & 5 of the Hennigan plan. We're only in year 2 of the Weltham play; we have another year or two to go before we get to the trade away/desperation mode! Hopefully, with THIS rebuild plan we don't get to that desperation mode, I guess we'll see in a couple of years. 

Just now, jmmagicfan said:

No, that was years 4 & 5 of the Hennigan plan. We're only in year 2 of the Weltham play; we have another year or two to go before we get to the trade away/desperation mode! Hopefully, with THIS rebuild plan we don't get to that desperation mode, I guess we'll see in a couple of years. 

Sorry, forgot that the Weltham plan is to not pick up the rookie options on talented but struggling players who have shown flashes of talent- only to watch the player improve as the year goes on and lose the player for nothing. Or to trade away current draft picks for future, likely worse, draft picks.

1 hour ago, Odin said:

Sorry, forgot that the Weltham plan is to not pick up the rookie options on talented but struggling players who have shown flashes of talent- only to watch the player improve as the year goes on and lose the player for nothing. Or to trade away current draft picks for future, likely worse, draft picks.

20/20 hindsight - I don't recall a single posting on the board saying that Mario had done anything that made picking up his year 4 option worthwhile. Up to that point his "flashes" were few and far between, and didn't seem to be increasing in frequency, which might have given us a reason to pick it up. In point of fact, I wonder if the fact that we didn't pick up his option is what lit the fire and caused him to focus more and start producing. The idea that suddenly there was no guarantee and he could be out of the league if he didn't. 

1 hour ago, Odin said:

I do agree with you about them trading away some of last years picks, instead of getting some of the players that were available. I can see how they might have wanted to limit the number of players that they were trying to evaluate. Getting playing time for those picks last year while still evaluating the entire current roster "could" have made that process more difficult. I still think it was a mistake, but I can see both sides on that.