TheNameIsOrlando

Summer League Thread

14 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Don't know why people are so quick to right him off.

We defined his weaknesses and reasoning for him not being a top 10 pick and most of the backlash to that were excuses based upon his situation. 

When his situation changed and his weaknesses remained or were even more pronounced it's validating to our stance in the predraft debate

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

We defined his weaknesses and reasoning for him not being a top 10 pick and most of the backlash to that were excuses based upon his situation. 

When his situation changed and his weaknesses remained or were even more pronounced it's validating to our stance in the predraft debate

He's a rook...He's 19...Playing his first NBA summer games...

Don't be a part of the instant gratification crowd. Wait a little...

1 hour ago, Magicman28 said:

He's a rook...He's 19...Playing his first NBA summer games...

Don't be a part of the instant gratification crowd. Wait a little...

I'm not sending him to play in China. I'm saying he has legitimate concerns at Oklahoma that were explained away by poor teammates. His teammates got better and he's still struggling. These concerns projected him as more of a late lotto pick vs a top 5 pick and now we're seeing why. 

So we play the jazz tomorrow at 10 Eastern. 

If we win we play winner of griz thunder Saturday at 10:30 (which if we win we play Sunday at 10, if we lose we don't play again)

If we lose we play the loser Friday at 8:30 and this is the last game we play. 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Trae’s last game begs to differ with your assessment. ?

Its just summer league.

The only stata that matter are blocks and steals.

B-)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Trae’s last game begs to differ with your assessment. ?

Not really. He got hot and hit a bunch of threes. My premise with Trae was never "he's not an NBA player". It's "he's not good enough on defense and not good enough on offense to be a full time starting point guard. He's much more likely to be a 6th man". 

So Trae going for big points on one out of every six games fits my assessment entirely. He still has 27/27/73 shooting splits. He still has a 1.52 assist/turnover ratio which is about half of what it should be. He has issues finishing on the interior. His team is still 1-5. His team is still better on average when he's on the bench. 

5 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Its just summer league.

The only stata that matter are blocks and steals.

B-)

Nah I mean the important thing is seeing a players strengths translate. If Bamba had issues defending on the perimeter and wasn't changing shots I'd be worried about him. Issac looks like a defensive game breaker and his shot and handle have been ok but the results show he still has a lot to work on before he can (if ever) be an on ball offensive player. 

If Trae had even like 40/35/80 shooting splits (completely ignoring ppg) and a a/t ratio of 3 and the threes he did miss were on target and not airballs and hitting the side of the backboard and he hit a healthy percentage of floaters he'd be fine. I wouldn't have anything negative to say about him. 

57 minutes ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Summer League is designed for guys like Trae to dominate. If he does it doesn’t really mean anything, but when he doesn’t it is a bit of a red flag

You're just straight up quoting Chris Vernon