TheNameIsOrlando

Summer League Thread

33 minutes ago, DirtDan2012 said:

Actually I agree with him completely. The NBA is going to go the way of MLB and create a minor league so to say to develop young players that want to bypass college. Let's be honest. When it comes to sports programs nothing was more corrupt then the **** we were seeing in the college programs. When these kids hit 18 years old they have the right to work and get paid if someone's willing to do it (owners.).....

College basketball development is also pretty crappy. They don’t play the way the pros play. There is the 3 point line difference. And coaches are more interested in winning over actually developing the players abilities.

Trae's potential is insane. When he cleans up his shot selection and overly fancy passes he'll be fantastic.

This year's rookie - sophomore game will be amazing

17 minutes ago, Odin said:

College basketball development is also pretty crappy. They don’t play the way the pros play. There is the 3 point line difference. And coaches are more interested in winning over actually developing the players abilities.

College basketball isn’t good for developing anyone. It’s why you look at guys like JJJ and are like “why weren’t his college stats better”. Because college is such a slow pace and it’s all about systems. 

40 minutes ago, Bauncey Chillups said:

I like Bamba but Wendell is making buyer's remorse a thing now

Carter was my guy until Bamba fell. I was more pro-carter (and anti Trae ;) than probably anyone on here. 

You cant compare the 2 now IMO. Carter was always going to be better in terms of being more polished and nba ready from the jump. He was one of the most nba ready prospects in the draft. 

Having said all that there’s no way I’d rather have Carter than Bamba. Bamba’s upside is astronomically higher. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

College basketball isn’t good for developing anyone. It’s why you look at guys like JJJ and are like “why weren’t his college stats better”. Because college is such a slow pace and it’s all about systems. 

College basketball is about corrupt Big money programs and college coaches that make more then NBA coaches.... It's complete corruption to the largest degree. Plus they hold these kids to servitude with their draconian BS rules..... How is it people can't see this.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

The last two years have been the best offensive years in nba history. Television numbers are way up. The playoffs were well stocked in first and second year guys making major impact. Don't think there's a measurable way to support your point. 

I agree with dirtdan and hehateme. Colleges have no interest in developing these guys for the nba. They have to fit in that coaches system and if not they sit. They also should be compensated for their work and not just an education that should be free anyway. 

And to your point ?4thewin. The offensive numbers are skewed  up by the ridiculous stats the the top five teams are putting up. Also my point was more to the fact that rebuilding teams unless your a big market can not draw experienced top notch free agents. Thus are forced to try to develop 19 and 20 year olds into nba players at rate that is unsustainable. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

I agree with dirtdan and hehateme. Colleges have no interest in developing these guys for the nba. They have to fit in that coaches system and if not they sit. They also should be compensated for their work and not just an education that should be free anyway. 

And to your point ?4thewin. The offensive numbers are skewed  up by the ridiculous stats the the top five teams are putting up. Also my point was more to the fact that rebuilding teams unless your a big market can not draw experienced top notch free agents. Thus are forced to try to develop 19 and 20 year olds into nba players at rate that is unsustainable. 

Colleges have no interest in developing these guys for the nba.

No they don't. They have more interest in lining their pockets at their expense.

4 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Does anyone know when the next game is? I can’t find it on the schedule. 

I think we play tomorrow. We'll see. ESPN isn't showing anything past the current days schedule now.