TheNameIsOrlando

Summer League Thread

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

His scouting report was flawed

It didn’t take the I don’t care about college basketball thing into account. Same thing with Ben Simmons.

21 minutes ago, jec said:

Hey, they didn't say anything about making the jumper.

Touché 

Ayton got most of his points off of Bamba or Isaac having to help on penetrating guards. Phoenix played great perimiter defense which made Ayton's job so much easier. 

My take:

Awful awful game.

Iwunu an absolute train wreck on offense. That’s putting it nicely. 

Frazier doesn’t look like an NBA player. 

Issac struggled against Jackson on offense but had a couple moments. 

Bamba looked solid to me. Would like him to get a couple more touches. 

Caupain didn’t seize the moment when Briscoe went out. Upsetting because I thought he has looked solid but couldn’t hit anything tonight. 

Ayton is a future HOF’er. 

1 minute ago, Odin said:

It didn’t take the I don’t care about college basketball thing into account. Same thing with Ben Simmons.

No it wasn't that. He played power forward and his advanced stats were off. But just watching him you saw different. 

I got in a lot of fights online about Ayton this summer

Bamba did much better on Ayton than I expected. Figured Ayton would dominate him on both ends but our guards just missed Bamba a ton and I think Ayton only scored 8 points when Bamba was in the game

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

Bamba did much better on Ayton than I expected. Figured Ayton would dominate him on both ends but our guards just missed Bamba a ton and I think Ayton only scored 8 points when Bamba was in the game

I thought Bamba was the only positive tonight. 

Also, I said all year as well Ayton was the CLEAR number 1 pick. It was never close or in any doubt. 

There were people on here that would have taken Young at 1. 

2 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Really sloppy game tonight. Terrible point guard play and terrible outside shooting. 

Pretty much..... Our bigs weren't too bad... JI was struggling in ISO's and I think his confidence got rattled early. Tough for him with both JJ and Ayton waiting. Bamba looked rock solid, but his weight is going to hurt him early. Big centers will muscle him in the post, but his pure natural ability on defense is plain to see. He'll be an immediate impact player for us.

5 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Really sloppy game tonight. Terrible point guard play and terrible outside shooting. 

Our guard play is atrocious. Do we even have a natural 2 guard on our roster? The wing play is so bad.