TheNameIsOrlando

Summer League Thread

Dominant was too strong a word to use as it exaggerated the stats.  Sorry. 

When ayton has the ball, it looks like he's going to do something successful with it off the dribble.  He had a mid rang shot and I believe two great put backs.  He hasn't had to block any shots because our players are terrible at driving often barreling into an offensive foul call or live ball turnover. 

Bamba has been a force on the defensive end. His length is scarier than I thought.  Especially after helped a teammate that got blown by off the dribble. He was able to catch up to the play.  He was also successful on a Kevin Garnett like mid range turnaround shot. 

We need chain these players to the three point line and have them shoot for over a month.  Problem solve. 

I feel like Ayton is sort of a finished product at this point, while Bamba is still a work in progress...especially on the offensive end. But if Bamba can continue adding weight and become a legitimate 3-pt threat, his upside is off the charts

3 minutes ago, magicblue said:

I feel like Ayton is sort of a finished product at this point, while Bamba is still a work in progress...especially on the offensive end. But if Bamba can continue adding weight and become a legitimate 3-pt threat, his upside is off the charts

Bamba’s offense has been fine. He’s taken 3 shots and made 2. What has Ayton shown that’s so much for polished? 

Just now, billy5783 said:

Iwundu and Frazier have both been ROUGH. I was excited about their development too

Both atrocious. One is a second year player and was a 4 year college guy so it’s even more disappointing. 

Just now, ?4thewin said:

Yeah

Defense is definitely not our problem, but or offense is really struggling without him

8 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Bamba’s offense has been fine. He’s taken 3 shots and made 2. What has Ayton shown that’s so much for polished? 

Maybe its the damage of thinking that other rookies will be better than our rookies.  Hindsight has damaged us as fan base..too much.  After all......it is just summer league. 

• Upvote 1