TheNameIsOrlando

Summer League Thread

2 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

I don't know how old you are, but back in the day, a lot of fans were disappointed that we gave up Okafer for Dwight. Dwight did not start out to be the  superman/powerhouse that he developed into. He, also, had to put on weight and muscle.

OK? So we agree?

Don't freak out if Bamba sucks tonight. Guys like Ayton are his kryptonite right now. It's something that he'll grow out of eventually. 

12 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Throw out the stats. 

Isaac and Bamba blew up Memphis' offense. They didn't know how to attack us and ended up taking a ton of bad shots. 

Happened the last game too. Guys would drive see Bamba and/or Isaac there and just kick out or flat out turn it over.  JJJ tried to challenge early and both of them said no son this is where the big boys play :)

3 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Don't freak out if Bamba sucks tonight. Guys like Ayton are his kryptonite right now. It's something that he'll grow out of eventually. 

Yes he's got to use his length and quickness against Ayton and not try to body him up.

I hope Bamba plays more than 15 minutes. Hopefully they were saving him for tonight. 

Also, does anyone else feel Caupain is better than Briscoe? 

25 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

I hope Bamba plays more than 15 minutes. Hopefully they were saving him for tonight. 

Also, does anyone else for Caupain is better than Briscoe? 

I am on board with Caupain. 

7 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

I am on board with Caupain. 

Me too.

I like Briscoe's aggressiveness, but he misses too many shots.

I know, I know. . .Its only summer league.

52 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Nah, Jackson's a top 5 pick.  It's Trae that shouldn't have been.

Jackson is a few days removed from hitting 8 threes in a game as an 18 year old whose main early impact is going to be on defense.  Let's not do this thing where we dismiss certain results while focusing on others.  The fact that he can have such a great game followed shortly by a game where he struggles is the exact reason that we can't make any conclusions this early lol. 

I agree with what you're saying, except that I don't think he showed enough to be drafted top 5.  

1 minute ago, Murphy13 said:

I agree with what you're saying, except that I don't think he showed enough to be drafted top 5.  

Yeah, sorry.  The main portion of that post was still addressing the other guy's comment about Bamba clearly being the right choice 2 games in.  Didn't mean to make it seem like I was correcting you in that aspect.

Fair enough on Jackson.  I feel like top 5 was warranted for him, but I do agree with one of your prior posts that he will have some growing pains.  The potential is there but he does have a lot to learn.

1 hour ago, Murphy13 said:

Jackson is going to have a tough year in the league next year.

I’ll be curious to see if he matures a bit around Conley and Gasol. Noticed him pouting on the court a couple times last night when he had post possession and didn’t get the ball. Threw his hands down and just walked away while the play was still happening. He’s super young, but it’s not clear to me what his role will be on that veteran team. That could be a bumpy transition. 

15 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

Who would you have taken in the top 5 above him?

17 minutes ago, Mack1085 said:

I’ll be curious to see if he matures a bit around Conley and Gasol. Noticed him pouting on the court a couple times last night when he had post possession and didn’t get the ball. Threw his hands down and just walked away while the play was still happening. He’s super young, but it’s not clear to me what his role will be on that veteran team. That could be a bumpy transition. 

That’s the one thing with Jackson. He comes off as sort of a diva to me. Dad played in the nba. He has a sort of entitlement to him. This is the guy who essentially told Memphis not to draft him. Dont get me wrong he was one of my favorite players in the draft it’s just something I’ve noticed. He could end up with quite the ego.