TheNameIsOrlando

Summer League Thread

4 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Add AG to the mix and like I said earlier... teams are gonna have to hope their jump shots are falling.  A 30 point win is impressive even in the SL.

If we can stay out of foul trouble then we're gonna be tough to score on.  I'm liking this...............

2 minutes ago, DirtDan2012 said:

Mo Bamba amazes me when he speaks..... You'd swear he was 50......   Mature beyond his years......

He is an anomaly.

Ha,ha!!. . .Mo Bamba signing autographs. When was the last time we saw a Magic Player do that at a basketball game?

Edit: And we are not even playing in or close to Orlando. It's happening out West.

14 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Ha,ha!!. . .Mo Bamba signing autographs. When was the last time we saw a Magic Player do that at a basketball game?

Edit: And we are not even playing in or close to Orlando. It's happening out West.

Yea quite a few Magic fans out here. I was surprised! A lot of people were talking about Bamba walking around the arena tonight. 

1 hour ago, ~O~ said:

Damn it..I missed it.  

You can watch a replay if you have access to ESPN3. Just enter your internet username/password in the WatchESPN app to see if your internet provider participates.

Just finished the game. 

Issac and Bamba are gonna completely turn this franchise around. It won’t happen overnight but we will contend with those 2 in the future. We finally have a foundation. 

Bamba vs Ayton tomorrow. Can not wait. 

Just watched the highlights. My favourite moment was when JJJ had the ball on the perimeter with Isaac guarding him and started to get fancy with his handle going between the legs etc and Isaac just poked it away for the steal really nonchalant. It was a kind of "no you can't do that against me" statement.

They used Isaac at the 5 last night in the second quarter when JJJ was the biggest guy Memphis had out there. His defensive versatility is incredible. 

That game was something else. As others have commented, that's probably the first true excitement I've felt about the team in, well, too long.

I can't wrap my head around Bamba. Without any other info about him, you'd hear his measurements and worry about him being a stiff or his coordination being poor.  Instead, this dude gets super low when defending the perimeter (seriously, when was the last time you saw a 7-footer get into a defensive stance like that on a guard?), runs like a gazelle, has great shooting mechanics, and has the positional awareness to recognize when he's too close to the rim and needs to turn 180 in midair like we've seen Gordon do so many times. 

It's crazy that he's developed this relationship with KG because he has the tools to be a bigger/longer version.