TheNameIsOrlando

Summer League Thread

I watched the game and thought Bamba did some good things. He wasn’t perfect, but I would hardly call him a bust in his first game. He hit 1 of 2  three point attempts and altered a ton of shots and had a nice block in minimal minutes. He is going to be a force in time, but yes he is raw but very, very promising. My disappointment was in Frazier, I think nerves got the best of him. Bamba will be a top center in this league in 4 years! 

Who is saying that Bamba is a bust?? That is ridiculous and just plain wrong. 

He had a good game and had good stats. Similar to Ayton and better than the other top 5 round picks. 

You cant judge someone by just one meaningless game. In fact, I think he had a really good game and got us the win. Isnt that what counts?

7 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

Who the hell is criticizing bamba first game??

It was a joke built on some idiot that criticised his first quarter

Watching last night's game you can see that Bamba doesn't quite have the natural defensive instincts that Isaac has. His otherworldly length combined with good mobility gives him an insane margin for error but he has some work to do in learning how to defend PNR. He was surprisingly a step slow on checking some of the Nets drives last night. His offense is a further along than I and probably most thought however, seems to already make good reads and is not the classic raw big. Bagely looked much worse on offense.

I watched highlights...didn't really have time to watch the full game but here is what I gathered. 

Isaac seems like he's ready to take his second season seriously. Easily looked like the best player on the floor in my opinion. 

Bamba's minute situation was weird but you can see where the excitement and growing pains will be with him. I'd love to see him get a little thickness in his arms and legs. I'd feel a lot better about him after that. But from a skill stand point, he's going to be fine. So where are we trading Vuc and Biz? I'm good with Birch backing up Bamba and letting Issac/AG/Bamba/Birch be our rotation of bigs. 

Iwundu looked good to me. Defensive presence was there, offense looked improved. 

Briscoe had a good game. That's about what I think we can expect from him for now. He's going to be able to slash and score. He knows how to play with bigs (Bam Adebayo and he connected a lot) so I think we'll see good team chemistry with him. 

Again, excited about this young group. Let's hope they continue to develop!

Isaac looked like butter last night. Dang. I hope he stays healthy because his ceiling is sky high. I also liked Mo Magic last night. Great start. Kudos to Briscoe, especially his defense. Hope he makes the team. Meanwhile, Wes just looks like a solid glue guy. Hope his long ball falls this year. 

In the comment section of this video, some guys says he's a bust then goes on to say that Anthony Bennett.........of all people.......lmao......had a better summer league showing.  

20 minutes ago, ~O~ said:

In the comment section of this video, some guys says he's a bust then goes on to say that Anthony Bennett.........of all people.......lmao......had a better summer league showing.  

I wonder if these people are saying the same thing about Ayton after his first game... 

6 hours ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

So where are we trading Vuc and Biz? I'm good with Birch backing up Bamba and letting Issac/AG/Bamba/Birch be our rotation of bigs. 

It would be very risky to go into the season with just Mo and Birch.  We need to keep one of Nik or Biyombo for depth during the grind.  

4 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Kudos to Briscoe, especially his defense. Hope he makes the team. 

Didn't we just sign him to a multiyear contract? I think he has to be on the team.

1 hour ago, Murphy13 said:

Didn't we just sign him to a multiyear contract? I think he has to be on the team.

I can’t find any details on the terms. Probably a multi year deal with partial guarantees.