Sign in to follow this  
TyMagic

Starting a new saying! #MoMagic

1 hour ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I just have this feeling that Mo is going to become prime Dwight without the goofiness. He seems happy to be here and he will definitely get the PT to develop. Still waiting for that Vuc trade.

It may not be a popular take but Nik is the perfect complement to Mo until he can develop consistently on the offensive side.  If a deal arises, great.  But Nik off the bench is an asset.  

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

It may not be a popular take but Nik is the perfect complement to Mo until he can develop consistently on the offensive side.  If a deal arises, great.  But Nik off the bench is an asset.  

He will be great offensively off the bench until we can find a trade for him but I'd rather not play him because the layup drills disgust me.

2 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

He will be great offensively off the bench until we can find a trade for him but I'd rather not play him because the layup drills disgust me.

Perimeter defense (or lack thereof in our situation) was a larger reason for that than Nik himself.  I am well aware of your position on the matter though.  

1 hour ago, Murphy13 said:

Perimeter defense (or lack thereof in our situation) was a larger reason for that than Nik himself.  I am well aware of your position on the matter though.  

I agree on the lack of perimeter defense part, but I still think Nik sucks on D which is why it is so hard to move him.

On the bright side with JJJ probably being stuck behind Marc Gasol I think Bamba will lead the league in blocks.

I wouldn't mind keeping Vuch and hopefully move Biz even if we switch bad contracts for a point guard. Our options are limited but even Schroeder offers more value then Biz. I'm concerned with DS attitude and the effect he would have on our chemistry; plus he is a poor 3 pt shooter, but can play D and is decent in transition. We will have a lot of blocks this year and probably rely on the transition game much like last year due to our lack of shooters and creators. Its probably a bandaid move, but Biz is most likely our 4th center in depth; not considering the salaries but based purely on merit; and it's a real shame to have 17 mill sitting on the bench. That's right, I think Burch will pass Biz on the depth chart due to his work ethic and rounding out his game. I hope Burch is not benched because of his lower salary; that wouldn't be fair but unfortunately plays a factor. 

I'm hoping for Rozier, Exum, VanFleet, Burks, IT or Brogdon in a trade of anyone besides our 3 core guys and if we can't do anything there then we either switch bad contracts like DS for Biz and fillers or have some youth battle it out in summer league which is probably our most likely path. My pipe dream is; this season we really show something and sell Kemba on this is your team to lead with your former coach. This front office is playing the long game and that's ok.....