Fultz4thewin

Draft day thread

2 hours ago, HeHateMe said:

We don’t “need” anything right now.

The expectation isn’t to compete for a title next year. We improved lastnight and I’m sure we’ll continue to cleanup and rebuild our roster this summer. Time is on our side. Nothing needs to get rushed that’s how you end up with average players and a poor fitting roster. 

Well..we need to trade Vuch. That's a must. But yea we are on the right track. 

1 hour ago, HeHateMe said:

Yep. 

And  summer league should be better this year because I think we’re in the Vegas league now. 

Yep! I finally get to watch the Magic play! Really excited for Summer League this year!

I like the Bamba pick. 

Ceiling - Anthony Davis

floor - John Henson

very sharp and articulate kid. I hope we have some good athletic trainers!

Melvin Frazier - sleeper pick that looks like he could give Iwundu a run for his money. 

Justin Jackson - We’ll see; probably be in Lakeland.

God.... please send us a legit point guard!!!!!!

3 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

While we have some serious offensive development to do, no one is going to want to play us. 

3 hours ago, Magicman28 said:

Dude, we need serious offensive TALENT.

The problem is that you can’t look at defense in isolation.  Yes if our guys are all set up in theory they might be tough, although we’ve had athletic young players before who never jelled together on defense. 

But when you miss tons of shots, the other teams gets going on fast breaks and your defense doesn’t get set, so bad offense can lead to bad defensive outcomes also.  

I don’t really understand single mindedly drafting players who are long but can’t shoot.  Is that the direction the league is going in, having a lot of mediocre shooters on the floor who in theory can play defense?  Is that what’s getting teams to the playoffs?

I guess I just don’t see the FO vision right now.  I hope it becomes clearer over the next few months. 

Just rewatching the ESPN Mock Draft from Tuesday night. Mike Schmitz said Mo was 2 on their board 2 years ago. Finished ranked 3 this year. Meanwhile, Seth Greenberg said Mo would be a hybrid between AD and Embiid. 

35 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

The problem is that you can’t look at defense in isolation.  Yes if our guys are all set up in theory they might be tough, although we’ve had athletic young players before who never jelled together on defense. 

But when you miss tons of shots, the other teams gets going on fast breaks and your defense doesn’t get set, so bad offense can lead to bad defensive outcomes also.  

I don’t really understand single mindedly drafting players who are long but can’t shoot.  Is that the direction the league is going in, having a lot of mediocre shooters on the floor who in theory can play defense?  Is that what’s getting teams to the playoffs?

I guess I just don’t see the FO vision right now.  I hope it becomes clearer over the next few months. 

This part is so true. Even most 6'6'' or taller point guards struggle with their shot. From MCW to Shaun Livingston to Magic Johnson to Ben Simmons...

I get going with length in your frontcourt, but we need 2 creators to compensate for their stiffness. I think our frontcourt is good enough defensively to cover a bad defensive backcourt like Lillard-McCollum, for example.