Jump to content
?4thewin

Draft day thread

Recommended Posts

Miller4Prez66    545
38 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

What's nice is, our team will be well ready for whatever offensive engine we put in and have him surrounded with lengthy versatile defenders who can shoot the ball and hit 3s. 

lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CTMagicUK    271
25 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

 

I really don't think he is good at all. 8 pts 2 rebs  a game for a SG who shot 35% from 3 as a Junior... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
?4thewin    1,727
4 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I really don't think he is good at all. 8 pts 2 rebs  a game for a SG who shot 35% from 3 as a Junior... 

It's Kyler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

I really like zhaire but he really makes no sense on Philly. They need guys to make their stars' lives easier. Not super interesting developmental pieces. 

I heard Philly saved $1 million on that move for free agency.  Also got a #1 pick in what is speculated as the best draft year (2021) we will see in the future.  I always suspected that #10 pick could be had due to FA.  Phoenix took advantage.   Hope Philly fails in FA but I would be all in for LeBron too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HeHateMe    600
8 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

Eyes on FA for AG and Mario's decision and really looking forward to July 6th and summer league to see what we have.

Yep. 

And  summer league should be better this year because I think we’re in the Vegas league now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, DirtDan2012 said:

We didn't have a problem scoring points last year... We couldn't stop anyone. Plain and simple... A stopgap would be just fine for a year or 2.

We were bad on both sides of the ball....25 in scoring, 27 in 3 point percent....but you are right really bad on defense.  Appears to be a Good draft to address our worst issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wilbur    11
44 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

Eyes on FA for AG and Mario's decision and really looking forward to July 6th and summer league to see what we have.

If the direction of this franchise is length and athleticism, eyes should also be on Vuc and Evan and what they will return.  At this point, I'd give up Fournier for trash that expires next season with Vuc and Ross.  As much as I'd like to see Vuc move along, next year is another development year for Gordon, Issac and Bamba, so letting his contract play out might be the best option.  I'd love to ditch Biyombo as well, but that contract is bad and if there are no takers, it might just be worth it to keep him to be a decent sparing partner for Bamba's development. 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would've preferred Carter given he fits a lot better with Issac and Gordon. But Bamba's huge, agile and is the one of the smartest players in the league so he should figure things out eventually.

However, I'm somewhat nervous that this upcoming year will be a repeat of the dire 16-17 season where AG pretended he's Paul George. Dunno if we have the assets to get a solid starting PG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

If the direction of this franchise is length and athleticism, eyes should also be on Vuc and Evan and what they will return.  At this point, I'd give up Fournier for trash that expires next season with Vuc and Ross.  As much as I'd like to see Vuc move along, next year is another development year for Gordon, Issac and Bamba, so letting his contract play out might be the best option.  I'd love to ditch Biyombo as well, but that contract is bad and if there are no takers, it might just be worth it to keep him to be a decent sparing partner for Bamba's development. 

Hate to give up both Ross and Vuch for nothing so at the least I hope we trade them by Feb. trade deadline as long as they are not in our future and I do not think they are.   Ross maybe?  Thought we would deal Fournier last night.  Maybe during FA.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×