Fultz4thewin

Draft day thread

42 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Dude, we need serious offensive TALENT.

My number one hope was Luka, but I love our picks. Perhaps one or two of our two way guys develop like Jimmy Butler or Giannis, perhaps we make a trade, or perhaps we land a free agent stud in a year or two who wants to join a flock of condors for protection.

2 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

My number one hope was Luka, but I love our picks. Perhaps one or two of our two way guys develop like Jimmy Butler or Giannis, perhaps we make a trade, or perhaps we land a free agent stud in a year or two who wants to join a flock of condors for protection.

There's no FA studs until 2019 with a near 30 year old Kemba and I'm not buying that someone on this roster becomes an offensive stud.

Trade has to happen.

11 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

I feel the same way, I am so grateful that the Hawks did what they did.  

There were a lot of teams helping us from making bad decisions. Young going 3. Someone picking Graham before we did at 35. Someone picking bonga. Dodged a few bullets

2 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

There's no FA studs until 2019 with a near 30 year old Kemba and I'm not buying that someone on this roster becomes an offensive stud.

Trade has to happen.

I'm sure we're going to trade but I'm not sure why you think we need an offensive stud today. 

I mean we will eventually if we want to do more than just crap out in the second round at best. But we can take the next step in our development by junking up games while Clifford schemes our points. 

56 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Dude, we need serious offensive TALENT.

What's nice is, our team will be well ready for whatever offensive engine we put in and have him surrounded with lengthy versatile defenders who can shoot the ball and hit 3s. 

30 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

The suns had a really good draft. Philly had a really bad draft. 

Yea the Mikal Bridges trade was a massive head scratcher. A super athletic guy who can't shoot and a future pick for a 3 and D guy when your two best players are a 6'9 ball handler who can't shoot and a dominant inside outside center and you're trying to win now... Bizarre. On top of that they broke Mikals mum's heart.

We don’t “need” anything right now.

The expectation isn’t to compete for a title next year. We improved lastnight and I’m sure we’ll continue to cleanup and rebuild our roster this summer. Time is on our side. Nothing needs to get rushed that’s how you end up with average players and a poor fitting roster. 

14 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I'm sure we're going to trade but I'm not sure why you think we need an offensive stud today. 

I mean we will eventually if we want to do more than just crap out in the second round at best. But we can take the next step in our development by junking up games while Clifford schemes our points. 

We never capitalize on opportunities and instead keep kicking the can down the road. Eventually it'll be 2030.

14 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

What's nice is, our team will be well ready for whatever offensive engine we put in and have him surrounded with lengthy versatile defenders who can shoot the ball and hit 3s.