Fultz4thewin

Draft day thread

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

Our offense was bad because none of our best offensive players played at the same time

Dude, we don't have any legit offensive players.

They're all 2nd, mostly 3rd options.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Magicman28 said:

smh..... We had NO problem scoring points... We gave up 35 point quarters..... That was our problem.

1 minute ago, Magicman28 said:

They're all 2nd, mostly 3rd options.

Bamba is gonna be great though

24 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

No but you do everything you can to not have DJ/Mack as your PG'S again and you do everything you can to get the guy you wanted.

We wanted Bamba and got him. 

Just now, DirtDan2012 said:

smh..... We had NO problem scoring points... We gave up 35 point quarters..... That was our problem.

Go look at when the games mattered. Our offense was a disarray.

1 minute ago, Magicman28 said:

I'm not saying it happens next year.... We have 2 very young bigs that need time to mature into their height. Give them 2 years and I think we'll be very happy.

7 minutes ago, DirtDan2012 said:

Now you're being naive... Welt and Co. knew Dallas was in negotiations for Doncic with the trade. Sometimes the best deals are the ones you walk away from....

I am being naive?  Even if they knew that they could have attempted a better offer.  And if you are suggesting they wanted Bamba over Doncic that would prove they are not smart.  #6 and a top 5 protected pick next year plus take a contract would have been a good deal.  I think we were outmaneuvered not smarter.  #1 item listed all night long on TV on  team needs for us was PG, #2 was perimeter shooting.  We added some good pieces but we missed at #43 and maybe even #35 when we passed on higher rated players who could have addressed those needs.  That is thoughful not naive.

Just now, ?4thewin said:

Bamba is gonna be great though

Defensively sure but again, our offense is gonna suck if we don't get serious about fixing it.

1 minute ago, DirtDan2012 said:

I'm not saying it happens next year.... We have 2 very young bigs that need time to mature into their height. Give them 2 years and I think we'll be very happy.

Lol, what makes you think anything different is going to happen?

Just now, Originalticketholder said:

I am being naive?  Even if they knew that they could have attempted a better offer.  And if you are suggesting they wanted Bamba over Doncic that would prove they are not smart.  #6 and a top 5 protected pick next year plus take a contract would have been a good deal.  I think we were outmaneuvered not smarter.  #1 item listed all night long on TV on  team needs for us was PG, #2 was perimeter shooting.  We added some good pieces but we missed at #43 and maybe even #35 when we passed on higher rated players who could have addressed those needs.  That is thoughful not naive.

Sorry, but I disagree. We got our man WITHOUT giving up future assets. I like solidifying the front court. Especially with the way our paint defense is.