Fultz4thewin

Draft day thread

3 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

The list of freshman players who averaged over 10ppg 5 rpg and made over 100 3s while shooting 40+% from 3 isn't that big. In fact since 00-01 There's 29 players on it and a lot of them are NBA players (including Jackson). Obviously I know those are somewhat arbitrary markers but still gives me optimism.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&year_min=2001&year_max=2018&class_is_fr=Y&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&games_type=A&c1stat=pts_per_g&c1comp=gt&c1val=10&c2stat=fg3_pct&c2comp=gt&c2val=40&c3stat=trb_per_g&c3comp=gt&c3val=5&c4stat=fg3a&c4comp=gt&c4val=100&order_by=pts

Yeah but 20 of those 29 players averaged more than 14ppg. If Jackson averaged 14 ppg instead of 10ppg we'd be having a totally different conversation. Only 4 of those players averaged less than 11.0 ppg. Omari Spellman, Jackson, Tyler Lydon, and Trae berhow. 

Maybe his sophomore year was entirely impacted by injury and we have to throw out everything. Maybe he lights up summer league. But I got to see it first