Fultz4thewin

Draft day thread

59 minutes ago, MagicFan1234 said:

Do not get too excited, he could be a bust getting your hopes up for nothing

I've got no problem getting my hopes up for nothing, I've got some other cool stuff going on in my life that i wont jump overboard if our 2nd road pick doesnt average 6 points per game at some point in his career...

6 hours ago, HeHateMe said:

Who was the elite scorer we passed on? 

Michael Porter Jr of course...  :/

26 minutes ago, MagicFan1234 said:

Porter is going to be a injury prone bust 

It was a joke because that's who a lot of people wanted us to take after Young was gone. 

3 hours ago, MagicFan1234 said:

Well, it could happen and if it happens, I will say I told you so! 

How old are you? Serious question 

Been watching some Justin Jackson film from his freshman year. I predict he'll make the roster this year if he's healthy. He's much more talented than his draft position would indicate. Can really shoot the ball, finish with both hands, he can dribble and pass and we're obviously all aware of his elite length. He's not got the lateral quirks and ultra defensive instincts of Frazier but he'll compete on that end too. You'd think we'll have had access to some medical information about his shoulder and either thought he was worth the risk or have no issues with it.

Maybe this is just me bigging myself up on our draft picks but I think we might see both he and Frazier make the final roster and contribute during their rookie contracts.

4 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Been watching some Justin Jackson film from his freshman year. I predict he'll make the roster this year if he's healthy. He's much more talented than his draft position would indicate. Can really shoot the ball, finish with both hands, he can dribble and pass and we're obviously all aware of his elite length. He's not got the lateral quirks and ultra defensive instincts of Frazier but he'll compete on that end too. You'd think we'll have had access to some medical information about his shoulder and either thought he was worth the risk or have no issues with it.

Maybe this is just me bigging myself up on our draft picks but I think we might see both he and Frazier make the final roster and contribute during their rookie contracts.

His shoulder should be fine. I'm just not really optimistic he's an NBA player. Highlights are nice but when they amount to 1 per game that's not really impressive. 

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

His shoulder should be fine. I'm just not really optimistic he's an NBA player. Highlights are nice but when they amount to 1 per game that's not really impressive. 

He was mostly used as a catch and shoot player his freshman year playing with Melo Trimble and he was outstanding in that role, he was second on the team in scoring and shot 44% from 3. If he'd have been healthy this year I think we'd have seen him doing more with the ball and putting up better numbers and showing off more skill.

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

He was mostly used as a catch and shoot player his freshman year playing with Melo Trimble and he was outstanding in that role, he was second on the team in scoring and shot 44% from 3. If he'd have been healthy this year I think we'd have seen him doing more with the ball and putting up better numbers and showing off more skill.

But consider how many major conference players we see that are like that. 

He might be fine but I'd lower expectations until we see him. 

4 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

But consider how many major conference players we see that are like that. 

He might be fine but I'd lower expectations until we see him. 

The list of freshman players who averaged over 10ppg 5 rpg and made over 100 3s while shooting 40+% from 3 isn't that big. In fact since 00-01 There's 29 players on it and a lot of them are NBA players (including Jackson). Obviously I know those are somewhat arbitrary markers but still gives me optimism.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&year_min=2001&year_max=2018&class_is_fr=Y&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&games_type=A&c1stat=pts_per_g&c1comp=gt&c1val=10&c2stat=fg3_pct&c2comp=gt&c2val=40&c3stat=trb_per_g&c3comp=gt&c3val=5&c4stat=fg3a&c4comp=gt&c4val=100&order_by=pts