Fultz4thewin

Draft day thread

Am I the only one around here that still likes Vuc?

I mean, I won't be heartbroken if he gets dealt, and dealing him certainly isn't the worst thing this franchise could do. But he's a player on the roster that I think is actually beneficial to us.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Yes

Ha.

Well alright then.

I'd rather have Vuc than Biyombo. Vuc actually has use. And hard to tell if Bamba will be ready to start right away. And if he's not, I'd rather have Vuc in that role than Biyombo.

That said, I do like the idea of getting rid of Evan (never should have been given that contract). I like how our front court is shaping up. I'll be curious to see how the back court develops over the next couple years.

15 minutes ago, Franchise408 said:

Ha.

Well alright then.

I'd rather have Vuc than Biyombo. Vuc actually has use. And hard to tell if Bamba will be ready to start right away. And if he's not, I'd rather have Vuc in that role than Biyombo.

That said, I do like the idea of getting rid of Evan (never should have been given that contract). I like how our front court is shaping up. I'll be curious to see how the back court develops over the next couple years.

I'd rather have Biyombo. At least he doesn't throw a tantrum when he doesn't start

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MagicFan1234 said:

Who is the Suns point guard now? I hope Payton comes back! 

I wonder if Payton is headed out of the league.

57 minutes ago, Franchise408 said:

Am I the only one around here that still likes Vuc?

I mean, I won't be heartbroken if he gets dealt, and dealing him certainly isn't the worst thing this franchise could do. But he's a player on the roster that I think is actually beneficial to us.

So you enjoy watching his awful defense? 

Wanted to post a few points to get some opinions because I was so happy to get Bamba from pick 6 but when I read some posts here and realgm my buzz got killed a bit. I need you guys to get it back up for me! A lot of the negativity would have been because of not pulling the trigger on a trade with ATL to get Doncic but even after that was done I was reading some unhappy posts about getting Bamba. I have a feeling it was mostly Trae fanboys that were so upset about not getting him that they would have **** over any pick we made. But anyway, here are some points I wanted to get some thoughts on;

1. How much do we know about our negotiations with ATL and the timings of it. I would imagine any team in our position would have contacted them as soon as it was made known that ATL was really high on Trae and the possibility of Doncic was there. Just cos we contacted and got into negotiations doesn't mean that Doncic was miles ahead of Bamba on our big board. Is it possible that we stopped our negotiations when we found out Dallas was dealing with them because we knew it meant JJJ or Bamba would fall? Could that have been what we wanted all along?

2. Is there a chance that the negotiations got killed because Cuban told ATL that if they don't deal with them they will take Trae for themselves and keep him. They already had DSjr but it's possible they could play both, unlikely though. But do you think Cuban could have said this and ATL believed him so ended negotiations with us? Is there a chance ATL just didn't want to deal with us because of being in the same division so their offer was a lot steeper than the one they made with Dallas?

3. Do you guys think we had a PG lined up for pick 35 but couldn't pass on Frazier when he unexpectedly dropped? I kind of feel like we must not have liked any of the late first/early second round PGs as we surely could have made a trade to acquire one of them? We have a lot of holes in our team and I'm not the slightest fussed that we didn't try to address all of them in one draft, Frazier looks great for pick 35 and fits our team nicely. I'll back our FO if they thought there were no attainable PGs that they thought could be a long term starter for us.

I thought we had a great draft and all the negativity towards it is a little disheartening, although I think the loudest voices are ones that feel we should/could have easily traded up for Doncic but didn't, and the others that wanted Trae so badly are upset.

53 minutes ago, The Boss said:

Wanted to post a few points to get some opinions because I was so happy to get Bamba from pick 6 but when I read some posts here and realgm my buzz got killed a bit. I need you guys to get it back up for me! A lot of the negativity would have been because of not pulling the trigger on a trade with ATL to get Doncic but even after that was done I was reading some unhappy posts about getting Bamba. I have a feeling it was mostly Trae fanboys that were so upset about not getting him that they would have **** over any pick we made. But anyway, here are some points I wanted to get some thoughts on;

1. How much do we know about our negotiations with ATL and the timings of it. I would imagine any team in our position would have contacted them as soon as it was made known that ATL was really high on Trae and the possibility of Doncic was there. Just cos we contacted and got into negotiations doesn't mean that Doncic was miles ahead of Bamba on our big board. Is it possible that we stopped our negotiations when we found out Dallas was dealing with them because we knew it meant JJJ or Bamba would fall? Could that have been what we wanted all along?

2. Is there a chance that the negotiations got killed because Cuban told ATL that if they don't deal with them they will take Trae for themselves and keep him. They already had DSjr but it's possible they could play both, unlikely though. But do you think Cuban could have said this and ATL believed him so ended negotiations with us? Is there a chance ATL just didn't want to deal with us because of being in the same division so their offer was a lot steeper than the one they made with Dallas?

3. Do you guys think we had a PG lined up for pick 35 but couldn't pass on Frazier when he unexpectedly dropped? I kind of feel like we must not have liked any of the late first/early second round PGs as we surely could have made a trade to acquire one of them? We have a lot of holes in our team and I'm not the slightest fussed that we didn't try to address all of them in one draft, Frazier looks great for pick 35 and fits our team nicely. I'll back our FO if they thought there were no attainable PGs that they thought could be a long term starter for us.

I thought we had a great draft and all the negativity towards it is a little disheartening, although I think the loudest voices are ones that feel we should/could have easily traded up for Doncic but didn't, and the others that wanted Trae so badly are upset.

Luka is going to be a bust so I am glad Magic did not trade for him but I wanted Young but Bamba is a nice consultation prize 

• Downvote 3

This CBS entry is one of the worst takes I've seen:

The Magic had one of the worst offenses in the NBA last season, but still made no effort to try and land a versatile offensive weapon like Trae Young, who was off the board by the time they picked. Instead, they scooped up lanky big man Mohamed Bamba, whose 3-point shot at Texas was as trusty as Orlando's recent draft history, and then selected Tulane swingman Melvin Frazier at 35. I think the Frazier pick could work out, but I don't like Bamba's fit in Orlando. The best pick was Justin Jackson at 43 -- that's all that needs to be said.  Grade: C-

8 hours ago, The Boss said:

There were rumors we were being really aggressive trying to trade up. So something happened preventing us from doing that. Maybe Dallas had a good deal to trade back with Trae that they'd exercise if not for Trae. We have no idea what the circumstances were so we kind of have to just let things go at this point. I mean we might have hated doncic and Atlanta made up the rumor that we wanted to trade up for negotiating leverage with Dallas. 

None of the second round point guards available at 35 were special. I really liked Melton but that's pretty much based on his defensive instincts, analytics, and a video of him learning how to shoot corner threes. He could be Aaron Craft for all I know. We just drafted based on our boards and ended up with a guy that's a better chance to be a rotation player in a role that's more difficult to fill. We can find a replacement level point guard anywhere. 

People just have anxiety when there's a hole. If we drafted a point guard at 41 they'd all be running around proclaiming that guy as our future starter. They just want hope. But Shabazz Napier or Yogi Ferrell are better candidates than what was left out there in the draft. But they don't want those guys because we kind of know what they are and [second round point guard] is a mystery box

• Like 1