Fultz4thewin

Draft day thread

34 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I'm actually not sure if Mario can be a full time PG but I wouldn't mind seeing him try. I just want Mario to start for us, either at the 1 or 2.

He would have to cut down his turnovers but he's an unselfish guy

MP, I’m just not seeing it. Beyond the assist to turnover problem, his ball handling is below average. Furthermore, he struggles defending even small forwards, which is why he was moved to PF. If we were to try it, I could see him subbing for AG and then running Simmons next to him to help him defensively.

9 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

MP, I’m just not seeing it. Beyond the assist to turnover problem, his ball handling is below average. Furthermore, he struggles defending even small forwards, which is why he was moved to PF. If we were to try it, I could see him subbing for AG and then running Simmons next to him to help him defensively.

If Mario were to start at the 1 or 2 we would need a Patrick Beverley type to defend point guards

37 minutes ago, MagicFan1234 said:

I do not know why we are still talking about Mario, he is leaving next month for more money and more playing time

His Twitter activity suggests he's staying 

20 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

In the past, I’ve been really hard on Mario. However, from what I saw this year, I think it’d be great if he stayed. At times he flashed, especially with that three, which we need.

58 minutes ago, MagicFan1234 said:

I do not know why we are still talking about Mario, he is leaving next month for more money and more playing time

Dude could u b more negative. Your positive attitude is just too much. 

2 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I think it’d be great if he stayed. At times he’s flashed, especially with that three, which we need.

We now have a rookie and a sophomore as big parts - maybe the biggest - of our core. I think we should give Hezonja all the room he needs to develop as well and basically treat him like a sophomore too

39 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Do not believe Mario’s words until he resigns because we been screwed before players saying they will resign but did not and left to go to another team

40 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

I like Mario, it just doesn't make sense for him to stay.  

Kings seem to like him. It doesn't make sense for him to stay, financially, but I'd love him to

27 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Kings seem to like him. It doesn't make sense for him to stay, financially, but I'd love him to

Bulls makes sense. Knicks. Kings. Spurs. I’d think he gets plenty of interest. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

In the past, I’ve been really hard on Mario. However, from what I saw this year, I think it’d be great if he stayed. At times he flashed, especially with that three, which we need.

You mean his 33.7% 3pt percentage last year?

13 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Bulls makes sense. Knicks. Kings. Spurs. I’d think he gets plenty of interest. 

Honestly I think we badly overrate Mario.  He was so bad during his first two years with us that if he even looks semi-competent, we think he’s great.  I’m not sure how much interest he’ll have from anyone, including us.