Fultz4thewin

Draft day thread

35 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

I've see worse but yeah, it isn't completely accurate. They probably see such a gapping hole that they feel you do whatever it takes to fill it. They don't know all the details so it's whatever.

Yeah. I just think that's where teams get in trouble. Just stick to your board and draft the guys you feel best about. Fill holes later. 

1 hour ago, HeHateMe said:

That CBS grade could be the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen. They’re knocking us because we didn’t draft a player that was drafted before we picked? Crazy someone gets paid pretty good money to write that. 

No, they’re knocking us because selecting scorers seemed to be low priority for the umpteenth draft in a row, and it’s an area we’re terrible at.  They’re not focusing on a particular player.  I think their criticism is mostly on target.  All we seem to draft is lengthy players with underdeveloped offense.  Jackson probably has the best shot of the bunch but as noted has many other weaknesses.  

4 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

No, they’re knocking us because selecting scorers seemed to be low priority for the umpteenth draft in a row, and it’s an area we’re terrible at.  They’re not focusing on a particular player.  I think their criticism is mostly on target.  All we seem to draft is lengthy players with underdeveloped offense.  Jackson probably has the best shot of the bunch but as noted has many other weaknesses.  

Oh. Eeyore didn't like the draft. What a surprise

7 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

So who should we have drafted at 6? That’s my issue with the grade. Would they be satisfied if we drafted Carter instead of Bamba? That’s why it’s dumb to me. We took BPA. Young wasn’t there. Past drafts shouldn’t be a factor when grading this draft. Who was the elite scorer we passed on? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Guess they didnt get the memo that our defense sucks even more.

Commentators on our local TV were all surprised we picked a center, since we already have Vuc and Biz.  Most people outside of Orlando have no idea what roster holes we have. Having few centers doesnt mean we want to use any of them as core pieces long term.

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Oh. Eeyore didn't like the draft. What a surprise

Let’s see us actually make some progress after these last six years and I’ll be a lot less critical.  You think maybe Pollyanna is more appropriate?   Every summer we have these grandiose ideas of how next season will be better but they don’t seem to actually happen.  

5 hours ago, HeHateMe said:

I think Frazier will become a fan favorite. Not because he’ll be the best player but because of the way he plays. 

yeah I'm really excited about him. I'd love to see him tighten up his dribble some.

1 hour ago, Magicfan1987 said:

yeah I'm really excited about him. I'd love to see him tighten up his dribble some.

Do not get too excited, he could be a bust getting your hopes up for nothing

• Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, MagicFan1234 said:

Do not get too excited, he could be a bust getting your hopes up for nothing

Great job taming that enthusiasm. We don’t need any of that **** around here

1 minute ago, magicblue said:

Great job taming that enthusiasm. We don’t need any of that **** around here

Well, it could happen and if it happens, I will say I told you so! 

• Downvote 2