Fultz4thewin

Draft day thread

24 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

Right now, in an empty gym. 

KAT was a 25% 3 point shooter in college (on a very limited # of shots) and an 81% FT shooter.

He shot over 42% last year on 3.5 attempts a game.

Embiid was a 20% 3 point shooter in college (again on a limited number of attempts) and a 68.5% FT shooter.

He shot 30% last year and has a career average of 32%. Not amazing, but good enough to scare opposing teams a bit.

Anthony Davis. 15% (on 20 shots) from 3 in college. 71% FT.

Career: 31%. Last year 34%.

DeMarcus Cousins. Basically didn't shoot a three in College. 60% FT shooter. First 3years in the NBA, took a total of 54 3s at a 16.5% clip.

For his total career: 34% from 3. Last year 35%.

Horford: Never made a 3 in college.

Last year: 43%.

If anything, Bamba is ahead of where these players were coming out of College. He shot 51 3s at an almost 28% clip and was at 68% for FTs. It shows that, while he still needs work on the shot, he isn't afraid to take the shot.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him hitting his threes at a 33% clip (or something around there) by year 2 or 3.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Hahaha

Would that be an awful idea? I mean I know Fultz was basically benched his whole rookie year because of a bad shooting form...but I think it's all mental and if Clifford is as much of a players coach as people think...then maybe he could bring the best out of him and we have that #1 pick everyone thought he'd be. I wouldn't necessarily be upset if we went after him...but I'd want a backup Vet PG (not DJ or Mack) just in case it doesn't work out. Like a Pat Bev or Schroeder or VanVleet

4 minutes ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

Would that be an awful idea? I mean I know Fultz was basically benched his whole rookie year because of a bad shooting form...but I think it's all mental and if Clifford is as much of a players coach as people think...then maybe he could bring the best out of him and we have that #1 pick everyone thought he'd be. I wouldn't necessarily be upset if we went after him...but I'd want a backup Vet PG (not DJ or Mack) just in case it doesn't work out. Like a Pat Bev or Schroeder or VanVleet

I’d be fine going after Fultz. My comment was in response to Magical tweeting this idea as if it were inside information.

4 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I’d be fine going after Fultz. My comment was in response to Magical tweeting this idea as if it were inside information.

Yeah, I've interacted with him before. I mean he's wrong on a lot...but at least there is someone out there who is speculating and at least talking about the Magic. 

I got really annoyed with the NBAs coverage last night of smaller market teams. Seems like their picks were always brushed aside for commercials or jokes between the casters. I just want someone who knows what they're talking about to actually analyze the moves the Magic are making and give some type of thought on where they might going as a franchise. Just felt like it was really disrespectful. I realize part of that is connected with how far the Magic have fallen as an organization, but still...

So I don't mind at least considering stuff I see on Twitter, even if it doesn't happen, it gives me some ideas as to what type of moves the Magic could look for.

5 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Ditto. We would have to severely consider what we are giving up though, because, if he is never able to regain his shooting form, we could be in trouble as his ability to shoot above average from almost every spot in the floor was one of the main reasons he ended up going #1.

4 minutes ago, Odin said:

Ditto. We would have to severely consider what we are giving up though, because, if he is never able to regain his shooting form, we could be in trouble as his ability to shoot above average from almost every spot in the floor was one of the main reasons he ended up going #1.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yahm4flq

That works haha they would never do that...but I just thought I'd try. Maybe throw in a FAR future pick?

16 hours ago, Magicman28 said:

Wouldn't hold your breath on FA and we suck at trades sooo yeah.

Don’t think this new management has made a single trade with us. 

27 minutes ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yahm4flq

That works haha they would never do that...but I just thought I'd try. Maybe throw in a FAR future pick?

The issue is that they don't really have any bad contracts that they need to offload. Covington and Embiid are both making a good amount, but Covington's deal is similar to Fournier's. Bayless is next highest, but his is going to be an expiring contract.

40 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Just watched the presser. Bamba is such a great character he seems like a real genuine dude and has a good sense of humour. 

He’ll need the sense of humor if he’s playing on the Magic