Fultz4thewin

Draft day thread

3 minutes ago, DirtDan2012 said:

As he said... You can't fix a team in a year. We had a nice draft. We have a few nice pieces in the front court. we'll address the guard position in FA or next year. Remember we don't have any real flexibility right now. If we can find a way to dump a few bad contracts then I'll be very happy.

Eh I've seen enough in the first year of this new regime to be skeptical.

I like Mamba. I just know we failed at getting our guy, again.

3 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

No but you do everything you can to not have DJ/Mack as your PG'S again and you do everything you can to get the guy you wanted.

Still free agency and trades. Don't need to play tomorrow

1 minute ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I have to think that our management is pretty smart and that they have a plan for a PG either through trade or FA.

I am waiting on them to prove how smart they really are.  I would say so far they have showed no aggressiveness (or at least no results) in building this team.   Not extending Mario was not real smart considering it was only $5 million.  Failure to tank not a smart move.  Bamba was a gift not thru any smart moveof managements.   Good day but nothing exceptional by management.  I see a good defensive team that will be hard pressed to outscore many teams.  I see LOTTERY AGAIN written all over this squad.

Just now, Magicman28 said:

You actually don't know that.... We could have easily trumped the Dallas deal..... And yes... Atlanta would have taken it.

1 minute ago, Originalticketholder said:

I am waiting on them to prove how smart they really are.  I would say so far they have showed no aggressiveness (or at least no results) in building this team.   Not extending Mario was not real smart considering it was only $5 million.  Failure to tank not a smart move.  Bamba was a gift not thru any smart moveof managements.   Good day but nothing exceptional by management.  I see a good defensive team that will be hard pressed to outscore many teams.  I see LOTTERY AGAIN written all over this squad.

Now you're being naive... Welt and Co. knew Dallas was in negotiations for Doncic with the trade. Sometimes the best deals are the ones you walk away from....

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

Still free agency and trades. Don't need to play tomorrow

Come on. Who is there that we can legitimately sign that's worth a damn?

Trades? We failes to do that before last years deadline. Failed in this draft. 

Just now, Magicman28 said:

Come on. Who is there that we can legitimately sign that's worth a damn?

Trades? We failes to do that before last years deadline. Failed in this draft. 

Fred VanVleet

3 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

1 minute ago, DirtDan2012 said:

You actually don't know that.... We could have easily trumped the Dallas deal..... And yes... Atlanta would have taken it.

I have to actually wonder if Trae was our guy thinking that Bamba and all the better bigs would be gone. Bamba fits the MO of management to the T and may end up being the best player from the draft. He has the motivation, energy, desire to be great, and runs like a gazelle. I'm very thankful that we didn't take Porter, that was the worst case scenario for me.

Just now, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I have to actually wonder if Trae was our guy thinking that Bamba and all the better bigs would be gone. Bamba fits the MO of management to the T and may end up being the best player from the draft. He has the motivation, energy, desire to be great, and runs like a gazelle. I'm very thankful that we didn't take Porter, that was the worst case scenario for me.

Look at every roster move this management group has made and tell me we're drafting the point guard with the 6'3 wingspan