Fultz4thewin

Draft day thread

Danny Manning just made the best comparison for Trae Young that I had not heard yet.  Do any of you remember Damon Stoudamire?  Similar size and shooting.

So essentially if Atl makes a deal, we are either going to be part of it and get Doncic or be sitting pretty for Bamba. Makes no sense for Atl to draft Young obviously but, if they did, JJJ could also be in play. Come on Atl...make a deal!

1 minute ago, Justin Jaudon said:

That makes sense. 4 is a reach for Carter, maybe, to some people; but he works for Memphis.

I would not call it a reach at #4 for Carter, it is only 2 spots higher than our Magic who some of Magic fans here want Carter at #6 

Just now, MagicFan1234 said:

I would not call it a reach at #4 for Carter, it is only 2 spots higher than our Magic who some of Magic fans here want Carter at #6 

I wouldn't either. I just know that a lot of people aren't as high on him as I am (or, well, they're a lot higher on JJJ and Bamba than I am).

Just woke up. Damn you guys for giving me all these false hopes of Luka! I should have just put on the draft without reading anything before hand.

Guess we just need to hope ATL is really really high on Trae. Any scenario works out well for us, Trae at 3, ATL trade with us so we get Luka or even if they trade with Dallas cos someone will fall to us. Just need to hope ATL love him as much as a couple people on this board. 

3 minutes ago, Justin Jaudon said:

I wouldn't either. I just know that a lot of people aren't as high on him as I am (or, well, they're a lot higher on JJJ and Bamba than I am).

I honestly would rather have Jackson over Porter and Carter

7 minutes ago, magicblue said:

So essentially if Atl makes a deal, we are either going to be part of it and get Doncic or be sitting pretty for Bamba. Makes no sense for Atl to draft Young obviously but, if they did, JJJ could also be in play. Come on Atl...make a deal!

Exactly. Win/Win for us. 

2 minutes ago, The Boss said:

Just woke up. Damn you guys for giving me all these false hopes of Luka! I should have just put on the draft without reading anything before hand.

Guess we just need to hope ATL is really really high on Trae. Any scenario works out well for us, Trae at 3, ATL trade with us so we get Luka or even if they trade with Dallas cos someone will fall to us. Just need to hope ATL love him as much as a couple people on this board. 

Yep. Luka would have been nice to trade up for but I’d rather just stay at 6 and take Bamba and not have to give anything up. 

If we come outta the draft with Bamba I’d be ecstatic. 

1 minute ago, HeHateMe said:

Yep. Luka would have been nice to trade up for but I’d rather just stay at 6 and take Bamba and not have to give anything up. 

If we come outta the draft with Bamba I’d be ecstatic. 

Ditto, Then work hard to get back into the first rd for our future PG

That stat about how many open 3s Trae took is encouraging though. It's a small number which means his overall % is probably lower than what it will be, he also hit a great % of those open 3s. Does anyone know roughly what the really good shooters shoot from open 3s?

I've said before that I don't hate ending up with Trae, it's not my plan A or B but it won't make me angry. He's an easy guy to get behind once he's on your team, you can blindly block out all these red flags we've all talked about and pretend he's the next Curry.

Should be a good draft. Now watch the Magic do something out of the blue and make me blue.