Sign in to follow this  
The Boss

Favorite NON Magic player of all time

Quite liked the other thread about favorite Magic players of all time so I thought I'd start something similar for non Magic players. I'm going to go with favorite of all time and favorite current player. Bonus points for most hated player as well!

ALL TIME

Let me start by saying I HATE THE LAKERS... but my favorite player of all time is actually Magic Johnson (at least he has Magic in his name!). I was too young to see him actually play live so mostly based on highlights, books and the like. Growing up everyone was a Jordan fan, and I liked him too but I just always loved Magic Johnson. Favorite game was that remarkable Game 6 1980 playoff finals when Kareem was injured and he filled in at center and finished the game with 42 points, 15 rebounds, 7 assists, 3 steals and a block AS A ROOKIE!

CURRENT

Would have to be Scary Terry Rozier. The guy grew on me fast but I can't help but love him. Another right up there is Lance Stephenson, just love his antics and the air guitar he plays after hitting a big shot.

MOST HATED

Harden. Hate his game and his reliance on foul calls. Draymond Green 2nd, but sometimes he makes me laugh at his stupidity (not that I'm laughing with him, but at him, but he can get some points for that).

So who are your favorites?

Alright let's see...

Dirk Nowitzki, Boris Diaw, James Harden, Draymond Green, Kevin Durant, Steph Curry, Manu Ginobili, Kyle Korver, Kristaps Porzingis, Caron Butler, Eddie House, Myles Turner, Steve Nash, Amare Stoudemire, Clint Capela, Paul George, Ben Simmons, Kemba Walker, Kyrie Irving, Joe Ingles, Donovan Mitchell, Anthony Davis, Rajon Rondo, Marc Gasol

A few more. I'll add to the list when I remember them

My favs in no particular order.

Bird, Alcindor(pre Kareem) not for religious reasons just hated lakers and liked Bucks.  Lol. Wilt, Maravich, Dr. J, Mugsy, Nash, Ai, Stockton, Duncan. 

Most  hated: bron, Jordan, horry, Fisher, Zo, Wade, can u tell I’m a magic fan? Lol

Unfortunately I wasn’t born when he was playing, but my dad told me a lot about him and I’ve seen just about everything about him there is, but it’s Larry bird. Magic is also probly 1b, they saved the NBA according to Stern so gotta love em for that. Bird was never the fastest, strongest, biggest, most athletic or anything but most nights he was the best player on the floor, also one of the best trash talkers ever and I love that. 

Favorite? I really never rooted for guys outside of Orlando enough to have a favorite non-Magic player. I remember liking John Stockton's and Karl Malone's game a lot back in the day. Rooted for them against Jordan. Rooted for Oladipo the last couple of years, and probably always will. Does he count, though. Never would have cared much about him if he didn't initially play for Orlando.

I'll say Malone, I guess.

Least favorite? Where to begin?

Kobe, Pippen, Rodman, Artest/Meta, LeBron, Durant, Ewing, Reggie Miller, Anthony Mason, Rip Hamilton (but only when he was playing against Orlando), Ray Allen. Sam Cassell. Jaque Vaughn (but only when he played for Orlando, so I guess that doesn't count). And I'll retro-actively go back in time and root against Rick Barry. No reason. Just ***** Rick Barry.