magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

12 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Why would we trade for a guy who wants to play in a major market, who refused to even entertain the idea of staying with a franchise synonymous with winning, who is from LA (not Bakersfield or Santa Barbara but LA), during a year where LA is about to be good, will have the cap room to sign him, and has a nefarious family member running his career instead of an agent?

The odds of keeping him are slim

Edit: oh and I forgot, he might have a chronic quad issue

Because it might not get done. And I don't know if Lebron, Leonard, and PG works either if that is the plan.

Not concerned with the quad issue. Knee? Ok but not a quad.

1 minute ago, HeHateMe said:

Yuck. I would not trade Issac for CJ. 

I don't particularly understand the obsession with McCollum by some members of the board. He is a fine player, but not a franchise changing player.

5 minutes ago, Odin said:

I don't particularly understand the obsession with McCollum by some members of the board. He is a fine player, but not a franchise changing player.

I like him but where he is at now age wise and that contract, I don't like the fit. Game wise it would help because he can score, facilitate somewhat, it would work but I wouldn't give Isaac up.

1 minute ago, Odin said:

agreed, he excells as a high octane 2nd option after Lillard but hes not the type of point we need.

“Listen, all this takes a toll on your spirit,” Gordon said. “But my focus has never been clearer and my vision has never been clearer of how I am going to succeed in this league, win in this league and win championships. That has never gone away, no matter how many losses I have. I still believe there will be a point in time where I am not only competing for championships but holding a trophy.

“So, I see it and I know I have teammates around me that see it, too. I am going to help anyone else around me see that same goal so we’re all working toward a singular vision that comes true. I know there will be a time where that happens and people will recognize, respect and understand what it means to be a winner and the road that I took.”

“I definitely need to be smart and do the due diligence,” Gordon said. “Hear teams out and understand where the best fit is for me so I can help a team win, help a team get to a championship. I got to be smart about it, take my time and make sure it is correct so I feel good about it and I’m happy. That is the biggest part about it.”

Why is Gordon optimistic about a winning future with the struggling and rebuilding Magic? He credited the hiring of Clifford, who visited Gordon in San Jose recently. Gordon said he has been encouraged by the presence and moves of Hammond and Magic president Jeff Weltman. Gordon is also encouraged by the drafting of Texas center Mo Bamba last week and forwards Jonathan Isaac and Wesley Iwundu a year ago. He hopes that free-agent guard Mario Hezonja will be back.

“We have a young cast coming in. A lot of new talent. A lot of new faces coming around. But I definitely see opportunity in Orlando. I see it more than anybody in the world sees it,” Gordon said.

https://theundefeated.com/features/big-week-for-magic-forward-aaron-gordon-unrestricted-free-agent-acting-debut-uncle-drew/

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Nyce_1 said:

Sounds like Gordon is legitimately excited to play with the Magic, and even more so if he wants Mario back, I think that says something as well. This feels like a real turning point if we can shed Vuc / Fournier and land a legitimate scorer.