magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

55 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

calipari tweeted

Just talked to one of the toughest and most competitive players I’ve ever coached, @ZayBriscoe! He is with the Orlando Magic working to make their club. I’m getting great reports!

This guy is good! Can score a ton of points with heart of Darrell Armstrong. I hope it goes well for him with the Magic.

1 minute ago, jjgator said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/clutchpoints.com/magic-news-aaron-gordon-hopeful-wrapped-up-max-contract/amp/

If this is the case why wouldn't we just see if a team offers him the max then match? Is there any real point in offering him the max before someone else does? (Other than to show him he's valued)

No. Which is why we won't. We'll low ball him and ask that he shop around. He won't get a max. We'll offer him close to the max as an act of good faith. Everybody goes home happy

8 hours ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Fultz woukd be perfect for our identity and id trade next years 1st unprotected for him

I do not think it will take that much.  If we have a chance it will only be because Philly needs to shed salary ($8.8 million).  They drafted two guards in the first round and traded for Shake Milton, another guard,  in the 2nd round.  Something has to give.  They may be preparing for sign and trade but salaries must align.  The sign and trade route may be the reason they will not trade Fultz but I would be asking!

Don't know how to feel about Ball. If he could shoot at all and didn't have his father he'd be a no brainer but it's a big gamble. I don't want to give up a pick if we have to take back Deng either.

7 hours ago, DirtDan2012 said:

Wouldn't surprise me if he stayed one more year.

Problem with that is they're looking at a pretty tough luxury tax bill