magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

Something about Exum; in 2014 Magic, Bucks, and Kings were picking in the top 8 and all scouted Dante. Of those 3 teams' GM or Asst GMs, Matt Lloyd - Orl, John Hammond - Mil, & Pete D'Alessandro - Sac now all work in Orlando with important voices as we enter FA to fill our PG need.

22 minutes ago, Nyce_1 said:

Give them the Jeremy Lin poison pill. Like $8 first year, then $16M next 2 yrs. If we go after a RFA, make them clench their butts while matching. 

That's not a thing that can happen

14 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

VanFleet would be such a bad signing to me.

You guys really like him enough to want him on a 4 year deal? Really?

I’m entirely comfortable saying DJ is a better player than VanFleet. And call me crazy but  Fleet doesn’t strike me as the type of player that has some huge upside. He literally projects as DJ Augustine who we already have. 

I'm in the same boat. I'm ok with a short deal but not 4 years.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

That's not a thing that can happen

How did Houston and Brooklyn do it couple yrs back? Old CBA? I remember they constructed the contract to affect the teams' cap like that. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nba/news/report-rockets-to-offer-jeremy-lin-four-years-30-million-poison-pill-contract/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nba/news/why-nets-reportedly-gave-a-poison-pill-offer-sheet-to-tyler-johnson/amp/

17 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

VanFleet would be such a bad signing to me.

You guys really like him enough to want him on a 4 year deal? Really?

I’m entirely comfortable saying DJ is a better player than VanFleet. And call me crazy but  Fleet doesn’t strike me as the type of player that has some huge upside. He literally projects as DJ Augustine who we already have. 

16 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

That’s good. He’s playing on a good team. I don’t think he’s a terrible player. I also don’t think he needs to be our PG for 4 years. 

2 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

That’s good. He’s playing on a good team. I don’t think he’s a terrible player. I also don’t think he needs to be our PG for 4 years. 

Doesn't have to be 4 years. Give him 1-2 yrs. If he doesn't lead us, draft a PG and just use him as 6th man. He'll replace DJ.

9 minutes ago, Nyce_1 said:

Cba change

8 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

I think he's the best bet among backup point guards in a while and the price point you'll get him at is fine if he's only a high level backup. 

7 minutes ago, Nyce_1 said:

Doesn't have to be 4 years. Give him 1-2 yrs. If he doesn't lead us, draft a PG and just use him as 6th man. He'll replace DJ.

I’m fine with a 2 yr deal. I’m against locking in any money past the summer of 2020.