magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

It was between Oladipo and Fournier and even though Fournier was the better shooter I always thought we should've kept dipo over Evan just because of the flashes he showed and his work ethic. 45 points against the Cavs and Evans career high is what 30, 32 maybe

5 hours ago, J-Mac said:

It was between Oladipo and Fournier and even though Fournier was the better shooter I always thought we should've kept dipo over Evan just because of the flashes he showed and his work ethic. 45 points against the Cavs and Evans career high is what 30, 32 maybe

Dipo was a terrible fit next to EP, as he’s also a ball dominant guard. So Henny chose the less expensive, less athletic, better shooting Fournier. Just because you make a mistake doesn’t mean you have to keep making it, which is what we kept doing by having EP as our starting pg. I believe that decision led to many poor personnel decisions and crippled us for years.

2 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Dipo was a terrible fit next to EP, as he’s also a ball dominant guard. So Henny chose the less expensive, less athletic, better shooting Fournier. Just because you make a mistake doesn’t mean you have to keep making it, which is what we kept doing by having EP as our starting pg. I believe that decision led to many poor personnel decisions and crippled us for years.

This 

2 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Yeah, I 100% agree. I always felt like EP was a bench guard and not a starter. I know everyone hates the "what ifs" but what if we jumped on the versatile athletic roster trend really early...trade Fournier/Vuc and build around Dipo, Harris, AG...man I really feel like that core could be something special.

No doubt, EP and the front office’s lack of acknowledgement of a mistake has cost us dearly and set us back a couple of years. They should have listened to Skiles; being a point guard himself he knew what it takes and few players played with as much grit and passion as he and still holds the record of 30 assist in a game. He picked a fight with Shaq! 

I blame Alex, Henny had an eye for talent and tried to build a team that would be good for a long time. But Alex tried to rush the process

7 minutes ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Hennigan was certainly the worst GM we have ever had and probably one of the worst in nba history 

I think some of the GMs that did these trades might beat him for worst in history https://www.complex.com/sports/the-worst-trades-in-nba-history/

13 hours ago, Justin Jaudon said:

No, Hennigan traded Oladipo because he didn't want to re-sign him.

Got Dipo confused with Harris my fault. 

The issue was we picked Payton over Dipo. Everyone knew Payton/Dipo wasn’t gonna work. We unfortunately gave the nod to Payton. Idk wtf Rob loved about Payton but god did he ever. 

2 hours ago, J-Mac said:

I blame Alex, Henny had an eye for talent and tried to build a team that would be good for a long time. But Alex tried to rush the process

I agree, I think Alex had a hand in that. I remember when Frank came aboard Alex said he would not be part of personnel decisions, interesting. It was partly all of our fault with our incessive complaining for a better product. 

3 hours ago, Magicpassion said:

No doubt, EP and the front office’s lack of acknowledgement of a mistake has cost us dearly and set us back a couple of years. They should have listened to Skiles; being a point guard himself he knew what it takes and few players played with as much grit and passion as he and still holds the record of 30 assist in a game. He picked a fight with Shaq! 

he's definitely a bit of a legend in his own right