magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

Man I hope we don't trade for schroder

I’m not against Schroder. Maybe with coaching and scheme his defense could improve. 

Just now, HeHateMe said:

I’m not against Schroder. Maybe with coaching and scheme his defense could improve. 

I just don't believe it's possible as we've seen him on great teams with good coaching before and his eFG% has always been between .466 and .493. 

He's inefficient on offense. Would have been 15th in eFG% on the magic last year. 

He's a poor shooter. 

He's a sub par passer. Gets a lot of draw the defense to me and dump it out assists. Which is fine but not in combination with other stuff. 

He's a poor defender

He takes a lot of shots. 

His best role is as a bench flurry scorer but he's paid like a mid tier starting point guard until the summer of 2021. 

I'd rather just load up on vets on one year deals and see if someone interesting comes available at the trade deadline. 

15 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

You seemed kinda opened to it the other day. What happened?

I rather have Smart tbh. I just don't know if he's ideal since we lack an offensive initiator. That's why I wanted Doncic. We need that desperately.

19 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

My biggest gripe with Dennis is his off the court stuff. I think he might become a good PG 

1 minute ago, Magicman28 said:

You seemed kinda opened to it the other day. What happened?

I rather have Smart tbh. I just don't know if he's ideal since we lack an offensive initiator. That's why I wanted Doncic. We need that desperately.

I wasn't open to it. I mentioned that Kevin O'Connor said he spoke to an NBA person who thought schroder could be better than advertised as he's only 23 (though he's actually almost 25 so that might screw up their philosophy) so I might be wrong. 

But I looked at his career again today and I can't really find the bright spot. You can't use the "maybe on a better team" argument because he's been on better teams and his numbers never really change. 

3 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I wasn't open to it. I mentioned that Kevin O'Connor said he spoke to an NBA person who thought schroder could be better than advertised as he's only 23 (though he's actually almost 25 so that might screw up their philosophy) so I might be wrong. 

But I looked at his career again today and I can't really find the bright spot. You can't use the "maybe on a better team" argument because he's been on better teams and his numbers never really change. 

was he the starter on better teams? I know when HAWKS were good couple yrs ago, he was backup to Teague. IDK

i'm trying to stay patient but desperation is having me open up to him.

1 minute ago, Nyce_1 said:

was he the starter on better teams? I know when HAWKS were good couple yrs ago, he was backup to Teague. IDK

i'm trying to stay patient but desperation is having me open up to him.

Last year's Hawks team was alright and he had similar issues. The games he did start in 15-16 he had similar issues. The games he started on the 60 win team he had similar issues.