magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

15 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Wall, Beal and Howard. What could possibly go wrong?

Betcha a lot more could go right.... Just saying. Dwight would be the perfect rim runner for them that can actually play a lick of damn defense. Gortat is over the hill.

1 hour ago, DirtDan2012 said:

Betcha a lot more could go right.... Just saying. Dwight would be the perfect rim runner for them that can actually play a lick of damn defense. Gortat is over the hill.

I was referring more to their attitudes/egos. Some big ones there. 

45 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

I was referring more to their attitudes/egos. Some big ones there. 

I do not remember Wall having a ego? I doubt Howard wants to go back to a division rival again 

44 minutes ago, MagicFan1234 said:

I do not remember Wall having a ego? I doubt Howard wants to go back to a division rival again 

Howard would go in a heart beat if that division rival has a legitimate chance to compete in the playoffs again.

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

If Washington gets Dwight I don't think they make the playoffs

Good thing we have Bamba or all I’d be hearing is the “we should sign Dwight” talk. 

Thanks again Mo <3 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Good thing we have Bamba or all I’d be hearing is the “we should sign Dwight” talk. 

Thanks again Mo <3 

If we had drafted Trae, we would have never heard the end of "We should bring back Dwight." Whether we had signed him or not, it would always be questioned whether we should have in this circumstance.

Drafting Mo shuts that door permanently, as Dwight is not a mentor nor a locker room guy. 

I can't say enough how happy I am Mo dropped to us for a clear multitude of reasons. 

• Upvote 1

I’m not sure anyone signs Dwight. He’s that toxic to a locker room. See Orlando, Los Angeles, Houston, Atlanta and Charlotte.

2 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I’m not sure anyone signs Dwight. He’s that toxic to a locker room. See Orlando, Los Angeles, Houston, Atlanta and Charlotte.

He’ll still get signed though. He can still be a productive player especially on defense. Wouldn’t be shocked if he joins wherever Lebron goes. Or maybe GS. 

Orlando, more than any team on this list, may not have a choice when it comes to paying its RFA. The Magic have very little to show for a rebuilding effort that has stretched out for six seasons, and they just watched a player they gave up on two years ago (Victor Oladipo) turn himself into an All-Star. At the very least, they need more than what they ended up getting for Oladipo. Even if they don’t believe in Gordon, they may match an offer just to trade him down the line.

Gordon is coming off his best season in the NBA, when he averaged 17.6 points, 7.9 rebounds, and 2.3 assists a game, and shot a respectable 33.6 percent from 3 on 5.9 attempts per game. Other than his remade jumper, the biggest change for him was becoming a full-time 4, a position that allowed him to use his speed and athleticism to get around bigger and slower players. Gordon is not good enough to thrive regardless of situation. Like most young players, he needs to be in the right role with the right teammates around him.

The long-term issue for Orlando is that their past two lottery picks (Jonathan Isaac and Mohamed Bamba) might push Gordon back to the 3. The Magic have been tripling down on length and athleticism at every position, and they don’t have the shooters and playmakers to maximize Gordon’s talents. His ability to put the ball on the floor, make plays on the move, switch screens, and defend players at all five positions would make him a fascinating fit as a small-ball 5 on a good team. He may just never get the chance to play that role for the Magic.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/6/27/17507608/nba-restricted-free-agents-2018-offseason

2 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

He’ll still get signed though. He can still be a productive player especially on defense. Wouldn’t be shocked if he joins wherever Lebron goes. Or maybe GS. 

• Downvote 1