magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

15 minutes ago, Odin said:

I don't know if we need to keep Fournier, but I struggle to think of what would be an adequate return that is actually feasible, unless he is part of a package.

I think I am in your camp with FVV if we want to be trying to get a potential starter for the future.

I think when discussing Isaac-Bamba I was considering long term Isaac-Bamba that should be able to provide a combined 30+ppg. But November 2018 Isaac- Bamba might only provide 18ppg. Need to keep Fournier's scoring this year. 

3 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

The more I do the math, the more I think we need to keep Fournier.

And the more I think FVV should be the preferred option. He's a fantastic shooter and I think that matters with our lineup

Tor is paying the tax next year without FVV. Could a MLE make them not to pay double for FVV? Seeing how....good? their team, gotta figure their ownership is willing to pay to stay competitive. 

IDK.

46 minutes ago, Odin said:

I don't know if we need to keep Fournier, but I struggle to think of what would be an adequate return that is actually feasible, unless he is part of a package.

I think I am in your camp with FVV if we want to be trying to get a potential starter for the future.

Why do we need or why should we trade Fournier? I think he fits well with our current roster. Fournier to me is the type of player winning teams have unless there's a superstar at that position.  Replacing Vuch is adequate enough in my opinion. 

3 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Hey, there are stats out there that say Vuc is a good defender LOL

There are stats for everything. Eye test >>>>>

7 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

FVV isn’t a starter. That is the definition of settling to fill a need IMO. 

Counterpoint, if not for an entrenched Lowry, he would have started for Toronto. 

Toronto was considerably better when he played. 7 points per 100 possessions better. 

He's a good defender, shoots 45% on catch and shoot threes, and was the best bench point guard in the league last year. 

59 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I think when discussing Isaac-Bamba I was considering long term Isaac-Bamba that should be able to provide a combined 30+ppg. But November 2018 Isaac- Bamba might only provide 18ppg. Need to keep Fournier's scoring this year. 

Whose to say we need Fournier’s scoring. If we trade him I’m sure whoever it is would be a scoring threat also. Vuch and Evan’s cancer on this team need to be cut out. A fresh start is needed in the most way. 

2018-2019 CARMELO ratings are out.

They are high on Gordon, both for next year and on a 7 year forecast. They also predict Bamba will be the 3rd best player out of the draft in 7 years, behind Doncic and JJJ.

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Counterpoint, if not for an entrenched Lowry, he would have started for Toronto. 

Toronto was considerably better when he played. 7 points per 100 possessions better. 

He's a good defender, shoots 45% on catch and shoot threes, and was the best bench point guard in the league last year. 

I wouldn’t be mad with him. But how much better is he then prime DJ? That player to me isn’t who I want starting for the next 4 years. If we bring him in for spot starts and being a backup to when we find our real starting PG I’m cool with it.