magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

1 hour ago, Tank Vogel said:

1. Biz is stuck here with that awful deal. Vuc may stay because Clifford likes traditional Cs, especially white ones. Fournier probably stays too because we have no shooting. 

2. and also 4. We aren't going to bring in a bunch of rookies for a coach who doesn't play rookies and develop them. If anything, we may trade picks for vets.

3. Biz played 2 years for Clifford. It ended with him getting the bargain contract in Toronto because he was bad.

5. The only way Biz is packaged is for a worse contract 

Yeah I don’t see Biz going anywhere either, but if we have a team roster of a bunch of young players...he’d have no choice but to play them.

I think we need to wait till we have the draft and summer workouts before we say what Clifford will or won’t do with us. I think there was definitely pressure to win now in Charlotte, similarly to what we did when Henny traded Harris/Dipo for nothing. I don’t think this FO makes that same mistake. 

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me four times, shame on the entire organization. Vooch has started for four different coaches in Orlando. He is not a starting center in the NBA. Time to move on.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Soul Bro said:

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me four times, shame on the entire organization. Vooch has started for four different coaches in Orlando. He is not a starting center in the NBA. Time to move on.

I don't disagree with the sentiment, but when you're on statistically the worst team in the league over a term of years its really difficult to assess whether its his doing or if he's the problem.  If he was on a team where he didn't get the gameplan #1 designation day in and day out I think he'd actually be pretty effective.  As it is, our team lacks talent and it stands out.  People say all these things about how terrible he is, but he's our best player.  That in itself is the problem.

13 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

I don't disagree with the sentiment, but when you're on statistically the worst team in the league over a term of years its really difficult to assess whether its his doing or if he's the problem.  If he was on a team where he didn't get the gameplan #1 designation day in and day out I think he'd actually be pretty effective.  As it is, our team lacks talent and it stands out.  People say all these things about how terrible he is, but he's our best player.  That in itself is the problem.

His flaws are more pronounced due to his archetype though. Vucevic level offensive centers that are also bad defensively on great teams also show their fatal flaws. 

So when kanter and Monroe and David Lee et al fail as a starting center it's easy to see why vucevic also would be a flawed starting center if we happened to have more talent. 

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

His flaws are more pronounced due to his archetype though. Vucevic level offensive centers that are also bad defensively on great teams also show their fatal flaws. 

So when kanter and Monroe and David Lee et al fail as a starting center it's easy to see why vucevic also would be a flawed starting center if we happened to have more talent. 

I don’t even think he’d get off the bench on most of these playoff teams. A big that can’t switch and defend is a huge liability these days. The latest example of this was Ryan Anderson in Game 7 against GS. Boy was that ugly.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MagicFan1234 said:

I am really hoping Fournier and Vucevic are both traded this summer, both need to move on 

There definitely is a certain air and history with both of them.

I’m just trying to gauge this but is there anyone else other than me on this forum that doesn’t want to resign AG?

Not saying it to start a huge debate I have my reasons for wanting to move on and I know you guys have your reasons for wanting to keep him. I’m just curious if I’m literally the only person :) 

8 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

I’m just trying to gauge this but is there anyone else other than me on this forum that doesn’t want to resign AG?

Not saying it to start a huge debate I have my reasons for wanting to move on and I know you guys have your reasons for wanting to keep him. I’m just curious if I’m literally the only person :) 

if we drafted someone that made a ton of sense and gave me more hope than Gordon does than sure I wouldn't be too upset if we let him walk but a sign and trade would be more preferable 

1 hour ago, Magicfan1987 said:

if we drafted someone that made a ton of sense and gave me more hope than Gordon does than sure I wouldn't be too upset if we let him walk but a sign and trade would be more preferable 

Thats reasonable. 

1 hour ago, HeHateMe said:

I only want to resign him if its to a solid role player status contract.  I don't want to sign him based on projection because we will lose.

• Like 1