magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

The Magic could use someone with a similar skill-set, rather than opting for a veteran head coach with a mandate to get the team to the playoffs right away

Like who?

1 minute ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Why do we still have fran’s rights?

Because we keep it forever. They're wrong though, he effectively has no cap hold as he's a "player unlikely to be signed"

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

This is brilliant. What a genius. 

Did the above story send you on a hunt?

Nah. Another magic Twitter guy found it. 

So what are some landing spots for Biz? Vuc? Fournier?

I hope our FO is really aggressive this off-season and make a few plays for an additional draft pick. 

If we could get Biz off our books too, that'll be great. Unless we think Clifford can bring out the best in Biz and make him look like he did in Toronto. 

I'd love to see some combo of Fournier/Ross and something else to grab #12 or #13. 

Package Biz or Vuc with DJ for a starting player that can fill a void we need that we don't draft (ie: if we draft a point, look to trade for a SG or SF). 

2 minutes ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

So what are some landing spots for Biz? Vuc? Fournier?

I hope our FO is really aggressive this off-season and make a few plays for an additional draft pick. 

If we could get Biz off our books too, that'll be great. Unless we think Clifford can bring out the best in Biz and make him look like he did in Toronto. 

I'd love to see some combo of Fournier/Ross and something else to grab #12 or #13. 

Package Biz or Vuc with DJ for a starting player that can fill a void we need that we don't draft (ie: if we draft a point, look to trade for a SG or SF). 

1. Biz is stuck here with that awful deal. Vuc may stay because Clifford likes traditional Cs, especially white ones. Fournier probably stays too because we have no shooting. 

2. and also 4. We aren't going to bring in a bunch of rookies for a coach who doesn't play rookies and develop them. If anything, we may trade picks for vets.

3. Biz played 2 years for Clifford. It ended with him getting the bargain contract in Toronto because he was bad.

5. The only way Biz is packaged is for a worse contract