magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

17 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Dn6Qjj8W0AAvTeo.jpg

HYPE

NICE!. AG looks so small next to this guys. If AG is 6'9-6'10'' then Bamba and Isaac most be 7' tall.  I also see Isaac a little bigger this year. 

18 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

NICE!. AG looks so small next to this guys. If AG is 6'9-6'10'' then Bamba and Isaac most be 7' tall.  I also see Isaac a little bigger this year. 

I'd caution judging height by pictures. Posture and perspective change a lot. 

But yeah. I think Isaac is 7 feet tall

6 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Dn6Qjj8W0AAvTeo.jpg

HYPE

Just saw some pictures of Gordon in 2014 and his physique was similar to Bamba's and isaac's in this pic.  As Bamba and Isaac hit the weights and fill out a little more this is going to be one scary front court for other teams to face.  I get wanting to bring Bamba along slowly but why can't he and Isaac both be the "Tatum or Mitchell" this year, playing significant minutes all year.  Hope we at least give that a try.  Not many rookies, especially one and dones, can do what Tatum or Mitchell  did do last year but they proved it is possible.  My gut instinct tells me Isaac will play significant minutes and Bamba will hit a wall but I would love to be proven wrong.

20 hours ago, ~O~ said:

Aren't the Magic due for a jersey  refresh?  Its time to do away with these Dwight era jerseys.  Maybe after this year when the Magic make the finals, then we'll see a change.  

I believe they do wash the jerseys between seasons :)

I'm quite elated about the future but the current roster capabilities and pattern of growth is a mystery.  I'm behind after not watching for two seasons. 

The evolution of Jonathan Isaac truly will be the story moving forward.  Isaac is the most versatile of the three with his optimal size and length.  He'll become a decent shot blocker but not elite because of his strength limits.  Don't think he can block a full force player .  I'll have to watch game live to see if he has defensive IQ to be ahead of opponents plays and predicting passes.  

It seems like all three could easily have a 3-D-Slashing game overall.  But Bamba has the keys to become his own original type of player.  I see him most effective as an elite mid range scorer with a shot that will never be blocked.  Does he have the lateral quickness to keep up with modern generation small ball.  Bamba should storm out the gates winning rookie of the year. He's had all summer.  High expectations please.  

11 hours ago, ~O~ said:

I'm quite elated about the future but the current roster capabilities and pattern of growth is a mystery.  I'm behind after not watching for two seasons. 

The evolution of Jonathan Isaac truly will be the story moving forward.  Isaac is the most versatile of the three with his optimal size and length.  He'll become a decent shot blocker but not elite because of his strength limits.  Don't think he can block a full force player .  I'll have to watch game live to see if he has defensive IQ to be ahead of opponents plays and predicting passes.  

It seems like all three could easily have a 3-D-Slashing game overall.  But Bamba has the keys to become his own original type of player.  I see him most effective as an elite mid range scorer with a shot that will never be blocked.  Does he have the lateral quickness to keep up with modern generation small ball.  Bamba should storm out the gates winning rookie of the year. He's had all summer.  High expectations please.  

Blocking shots really has nothing to do with strength. It's all length and timing. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Great article. Isaac "on the rise" will be fun to watch.  Summer league showed his "potential" to become an initiator in our offense.  Won't happen overnight but if continues his development and is playing at the 3 at the top of the key he will create match up problems.

12 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Blocking shots really has nothing to do with strength. It's all length and timing. 

Theres different context of blocking shots especially against larger and stronger offensive players with more power and better grip

Does he have the strength and force to swat the ball out of their grip while the offensive player is dunking face to face or adjacent to his position. I dont think so.  There are not many players who would try to block players like dwight or lebron on the break at full speed but I would want our players to have the gumption to try.  

I expect them to face to face shots, layups or floaters rather easily but full speed dunks against heavy weights.  

Oladipo legendary block on Damian lillard is a great example but exchange the players.  

Either way, this is rather unimportant detail but my point is forsee isaac and bamba getting hand smash to the side by more powerful dunks despite having great timing. 

This is rather unimportant however seeing that the modern nba is finesse small ball, smaller build.players and.these type of field goal impactful field goal.attempts rarely happen. So most of the volume of.blocks will come as everyone believes theyll come. 

10 hours ago, ~O~ said:

Theres different context of blocking shots especially against larger and stronger offensive players with more power and better grip

Does he have the strength and force to swat the ball out of their grip while the offensive player is dunking face to face or adjacent to his position. I dont think so.  There are not many players who would try to block players like dwight or lebron on the break at full speed but I would want our players to have the gumption to try.  

I expect them to face to face shots, layups or floaters rather easily but full speed dunks against heavy weights.  

Oladipo legendary block on Damian lillard is a great example but exchange the players.  

Either way, this is rather unimportant detail but my point is forsee isaac and bamba getting hand smash to the side by more powerful dunks despite having great timing. 

This is rather unimportant however seeing that the modern nba is finesse small ball, smaller build.players and.these type of field goal impactful field goal.attempts rarely happen. So most of the volume of.blocks will come as everyone believes theyll come. 

Your ability to make any topic more complicated and nonsensical never ceases to amaze me.