magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

29 minutes ago, ML6 said:

I like where your head is at and agree with a good deal of the constraints here.  I guess where I am a touch more pessimistic is that I don't think MIN will necessarily eliminate all West teams as potential trade partners.  I think they could probably find a deal with a lower-tier or middle-of-the-pack West team that they feel serves them better than a Fournier-Simmons package while not significantly enhancing that other team.

Then again, this is me just taking the field and not thinking through specific packages like you've done.  So it could very well be the case that the cupboard is barren for those sorts of West teams too. 

I just couldn't imagine a Minnesota team that barely made the playoffs for the first time since 2004 making Denver, the clippers, or Memphis better. Like I'd prefer Gary Harris and stuff to our package but I'm not sure it's that much better to excuse strengthening a direct opponent to your playoff run. 

48 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Fwiw I think Miami has the best players to include in a deal that make sense for Minnesota. 

I would think due to his expiring contract Butler has a lot of leverage in this instance.  We can offer players AND better draft picks than Miami.  If we are one of his preferred destinations we should go all in with Fournier, even Vuc and picks.  Does not mean we will get him but I hope we try.  And I thought I read Butler and K. Irving want to play together?  Intrigiuing if true.

7 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

That's not the rumor at all. 

The rumor is he doesn't like towns and Wiggins and towns won't sign an extension until Butler is gone. 

Houston can't trade for him. 

LA can't trade for him until December unless they want to include Ball, Ingram, and kuzma. 

Boston won't trade for him. They're set. 

San Antonio doesn't really have an avenue to trade for him. 

Philly is possible predicated on whether or not Minnesota likes Robert Covington. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.www.complex.com/sports/2018/07/does-jimmy-butler-want-to-play-for-san-antonio-spurs

here is one rumor. Rumors are rumors. You canot just  pick and choose and make assumption based on one and not the other.  Here they talked about Boston and san antonio. 

There is also some talks of him and kyrie pairing next year. They have mentioned the Bulls as a possible location. 

He just want to team up with a star. 

48 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

I would think due to his expiring contract Butler has a lot of leverage in this instance.  We can offer players AND better draft picks than Miami.  If we are one of his preferred destinations we should go all in with Fournier, even Vuc and picks.  Does not mean we will get him but I hope we try.  And I thought I read Butler and K. Irving want to play together?  Intrigiuing if true.

Well we'll never be a preferred destination but I don't really care. Worth a shot. 

2 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.www.complex.com/sports/2018/07/does-jimmy-butler-want-to-play-for-san-antonio-spurs

here is one rumor. Rumors are rumors. You canot just  pick and choose and make assumption based on one and not the other.  Here they talked about Boston and san antonio. 

There is also some talks of him and kyrie pairing next year. They have mentioned the Bulls as a possible location. 

He just want to team up with a star. 

I didn't see that rumor

Doesn't really matter though. Spurs don't really have an avenue to trade for him

5 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I didn't see that rumor

Doesn't really matter though. Spurs don't really have an avenue to trade for him

Not now for sure. I just dont see any viable option for him other than playing out his contract in minnesota amd try to work it out. 

I am just hoping that we make necessary moves to ipen cap space to hopefully prey kyrie out of Boston and sign him as well. 

The cap is projected to be 118m in 2020. Considering that, is there any possibility for us to be in that position next year to sign both? 

15 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Not now for sure. I just dont see any viable option for him other than playing out his contract in minnesota amd try to work it out. 

I am just hoping that we make necessary moves to ipen cap space to hopefully prey kyrie out of Boston and sign him as well. 

The cap is projected to be 118m in 2020. Considering that, is there any possibility for us to be in that position next year to sign both? 

Not unless you dump a ton of salary

Though if we traded for butler we could (if Fournier was involved in the trade)

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Not unless you dump a ton of salary

Though if we traded for butler we could (if Fournier was involved in the trade)

Kapuya!

If we got Butler without giving up any of AG.. Issac and Bamba I'd be happy with that.

??, Butler, Isaac, Gordon, Bamba 

Playoffs and even home court possibly haha.. Universe work your MAGIC please!