magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

21 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

I just don't like when he takes that exrra step backwards or sideways to create his shot. That will give the defense more chances to get to him. Not to mention that some refs will call that a travel. 

I like his jumpshot form. 

It's to square him up. It's what all scorers do now

5 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

It's to square him up. It's what all scorers do now

Not necessarily a good thing for a PF. This really tells me that he is working more towards playing the SF position. Which I am ok. 

But the side step is really more for someone that is smaller and wants to open up when been defended by someone taller. Maybe I am wrong but I dont see KD or Lebron doing this often. 

2 hours ago, magicdoc1 said:

I just don't like when he takes that exrra step backwards or sideways to create his shot. That will give the defense more chances to get to him. Not to mention that some refs will call that a travel. 

I like his jumpshot form. 

on the contrary, its typically in the opposite direction of the momentum placed on the defender

7 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

AG's release is super slow. He hangs in the air before release. Means little so long as someone long isn't on him but it is noticable. 

I think he is just trying to release at the top instead of early, it hasnt changed really. Agree its slower than some others. Is his blocks against stat from shooting positions above average to the point where its a concern?

2 hours ago, Magicfan1987 said:

on the contrary, its typically in the opposite direction of the momentum placed on the defender

I dont agree. If you have height advantage and athletic ability you can easely shoot over the defender like Durant does. Gordon has both and can easily shoot over or around most of the defenders. No need to make yourself shorter by reducing the leaping ability when you do the sidestep. 

1 hour ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

AG's release is super slow. He hangs in the air before release. Means little so long as someone long isn't on him but it is noticable. 

Exactly. 

That's what kind of scares me about AG once his athleticism declines what kind of player will he be. Will he still be capable of getting off a good shot

3 hours ago, random said:

I think he is just trying to release at the top instead of early, it hasnt changed really. Agree its slower than some others. Is his blocks against stat from shooting positions above average to the point where its a concern?

Yea I understand why I just don't particularly like it. Honestly I haven't paid much attention to his mechanics other than this video so he may have shot like this from the get. I don't think it's a concern per say but again it's noticeable. 

1 hour ago, J-Mac said:

That's what kind of scares me about AG once his athleticism declines what kind of player will he be. Will he still be capable of getting off a good shot

Barring injury we have a long time before we have to worry about that

3 hours ago, random said:

You don't have to block it, though, for it to be an issue.

1 hour ago, J-Mac said:

We're like 6 years away from hitting that mark and, even if he exceeds all expectations, it's incredibly unlikely that he'd be on the team then. If only because its rare for guys to spend 10 years on one franchise.