magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

37 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

so they just split the savings. poor dakari, hope he finds a home

With the archetype of gigantic, slow, lumbering centers who can't shoot having almost no value anymore, I wouldn't count on him ever being an NBA player.

17 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Apparently we might be interested in Shane Larkin... so, I guess there’s that?

If we get this, it would help bolster our 3 point shooting. This guy can shoot.

5 minutes ago, Catalina Maria said:

If we get this, it would help bolster our 3 point shooting. This guy can shoot.

We're not really interested in Larkin. We explored it early in free agency but then made the moves we made

10 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Tobias turned down an 80 mil extension with Clippers. Brave but he'll probably get closer to 100 mil this summer if he's lucky.

I just don't see a huge market for him. He is basically the same player he has been since his 3rd season in the league, but with an improved 3 point shot. A good but not great player. I think that extension was definitely a fair offer.

However, he might get a big contract next year merely because there is supposed to be a lot of cap space available.

9 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Tobias turned down an 80 mil extension with Clippers. Brave but he'll probably get closer to 100 mil this summer if he's lucky.

If I was Harris I don't know that I could take that gamble. It's one thing when the elite players do that where an injury won't hurt their value that much. But he's in that spot between role player and third tier star and this season could nudge him in either direction. 

• Like 1

Harris is such a weird player though. He plays his best whenever he's traded mid season. Like he gets comfortable at a place then he's traded and feels like he's got something to prove. 

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

If I was Harris I don't know that I could take that gamble. It's one thing when the elite players do that where an injury won't hurt their value that much. But he's in that spot between role player and third tier star and this season could nudge him in either direction. 

Yea. I am not sure about this decision. Teams are now more comfortable offering short term contracts on High priced non star players. 

This was a mistake. 

28 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Yea. I am not sure about this decision. Teams are now more comfortable offering short term contracts on High priced non star players. 

This was a mistake. 

I mean it's not really a mistake. Just risky and I'm not sure the potential benefit outweighs the potential risk

25 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I mean it's not really a mistake. Just risky and I'm not sure the potential benefit outweighs the potential risk

he knows he the go to option on that team now and hes gonna explode for 22+ points per game and DONINATE THE BESTERN CONFERENCE 

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Isn't next year's free agency class pretty stacked too? Wouldn't it be harder for him to land a lucrative deal with the market throwing cash at the big names? I do know that the cap rises a bit as well.

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Take the money!