Jump to content
magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

Recommended Posts

Vuc has never even been a high scorer, never scored more than 19 ppg if I remember, and anyone who trades for him is trading for his salary dump mext season not because hes gonna help their team win by being the antithesis of a modern center. Id rather have 12 mil to play with next summer than tie down to anyone we could get for him which most likely would be an average to below average player or players

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

off topic

rockin the adidas black tshirt jersey for AG

as a 31 year old man its much more practical for me to wear these shirts instead of jerseys because they cost less fit better dirty better and look better on me. i want an isaac and bamba one next.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Vuc has never even been a high scorer, never scored more than 19 ppg if I remember, and anyone who trades for him is trading for his salary dump mext season not because hes gonna help their team win by being the antithesis of a modern center. Id rather have 12 mil to play with next summer than tie down to anyone we could get for him which most likely would be an average to below average player or players

Definitely not trading him for average/below average player. needs to be a move that will make us better, not same. If its not part of a trade for a prospect or some draft picks, doesnt make sense to trade.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Apparently we might be interested in Shane Larkin... so, I guess there’s that?

Thatd be nice and put Briscoe in the gleague

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Vuc has never even been a high scorer, never scored more than 19 ppg if I remember, and anyone who trades for him is trading for his salary dump mext season not because hes gonna help their team win by being the antithesis of a modern center. Id rather have 12 mil to play with next summer than tie down to anyone we could get for him which most likely would be an average to below average player or players

Orlando is a textbook example of how to squander assets. Sure there will be picks that don't pan out.  But consider the following:

Oladipo and a 1st rounder were wasted.

Hezonja and others were simply not developed and allowed to walk.

Money was invested in Vuc, Fournier and Harris which actually decreased their value around the league.

The rebuild now rests on the shoulders of Gordon and the last two 1st rounders.  All 3 are considered athletic freaks.  There is an upside, but wow, what a waste of assets.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Orlando is a textbook example of how to squander assets. Sure there will be picks that don't pan out.  But consider the following:

Oladipo and a 1st rounder were wasted.

Hezonja and others were simply not developed and allowed to walk.

Money was invested in Vuc, Fournier and Harris which actually decreased their value around the league.

The rebuild now rests on the shoulders of Gordon and the last two 1st rounders.  All 3 are considered athletic freaks.  There is an upside, but wow, what a waste of assets.

 

But people act like I'm crazy when I say that Hennigan was nothing short of awful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Franchise408 said:

But people act like I'm crazy when I say that Hennigan was nothing short of awful.

Because I don't think you give proper credit to how difficult it is to turn one year of afflalo into Fournier and 32 games of Redick into Harris when neither guy was a rotation level player and both guys turned into pretty good starters. That **** never happens. It'd be like trading Ross at the deadline for Derrick White who subsequently gives you like Jeff Teague production. 

Plus obvious meddling with the skiles scenario. 

Combine that with enough stories of Danny Ainge desperately trying to trade up using multiple picks for Robert Swift and offering 4 picks for Justice Winslow and I think the difference between a good GM and a bad GM is just luck and timing. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Combine that with enough stories of Danny Ainge desperately trying to trade up using multiple picks for Robert Swift and offering 4 picks for Justice Winslow and I think the difference between a good GM and a bad GM is just luck and timing.

this should be a verse in General Manager Proverbs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Because I don't think you give proper credit to how difficult it is to turn one year of afflalo into Fournier and 32 games of Redick into Harris when neither guy was a rotation level player and both guys turned into pretty good starters. That **** never happens. It'd be like trading Ross at the deadline for Derrick White who subsequently gives you like Jeff Teague production. 

Plus obvious meddling with the skiles scenario. 

Combine that with enough stories of Danny Ainge desperately trying to trade up using multiple picks for Robert Swift and offering 4 picks for Justice Winslow and I think the difference between a good GM and a bad GM is just luck and timing. 

They were ready to chase Ainge out of Boston with torches and pitchforks before Prokorov made the worst trade in NBA history.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dakari Johnson becomes a 5th center?  That's got to be a precursor to Vuc leaving, right?  With Gordon's contract decreasing over time and Mosgov coming off the books 2 years from now, would you take on an extra bad year if it brings an asset?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Dakari Johnson becomes a 5th center?  That's got to be a precursor to Vuc leaving, right?  With Gordon's contract decreasing over time and Mosgov coming off the books 2 years from now, would you take on an extra bad year if it brings an asset?

It's not a precursor to anything but us waiving dakari. 

His 1.5 million contract could have hit OKC for something like 6 million with the luxury tax. Trading him to us with $3 million gives us free money and saved OKC 3 million. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×