magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

Just now, ?4thewin said:

Didn't say bigger. I think Toronto would have thrown in another guy or lowered protections a bit

I don't think they give up more for the risk. They probably saw it as 1 for 1 because of the risk factor. 

3 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

That's just... I mean... I didn't think I'd ever hear an NBA player sound quite that stupid about basketball. They don't pay people to play defense? Somebody should tell that to Dwight Howard, Hassan Whiteside, Otto Porter Jr., Al Horford, Mike Conley, and Paul Millsap; they don't get paid top 25 money because of their stellar offense. They get paid either because they are elite defensive players with passable offense, or they're very good at both ends of the floor, but not quite good enough on one end to warrant such high pay. Even among the younger guys in his own rookie class, does he think Gordon makes 20 per year for his 17 points per game alone, or that Marcus Smart gets reportedly more than $10 million per despite being one of the worst shooters for his really good offensive screens?

• Like 1

It's really disappointing to hear one thing after another about Kwahi Leonard's lack of professionalism. I'm not speaking about dedication to the craft but just whining every step of the way, nothing's ever good enough for him. BIG turnoff.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

It's really disappointing to hear one thing after another about Kwahi Leonard's lack of professionalism. I'm not speaking about dedication to the craft but just whining every step of the way, nothing's ever good enough for him. BIG turnoff.

Dwight type Diva 

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

For those of you that really wanted him, both ?4thewin and I kept telling you that back problems can be continuous. Now he is going to have evenmore scar tissue which in itself can lead to future problems.

• Downvote 1

59 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

For those of you that really wanted him, both ?4thewin and I kept telling you that back problems can be continuous. Now he is going to have evenmore scar tissue which in itself can lead to future problems.

Glad we avoided that one!

1 hour ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

yes but man I feel for the guy

18 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

yes but man I feel for the guy

I feel for him too, but the possibility of continuing back issues was why I didn’t want us to draft him. Sorry for him, happy we passed on him.

4 hours ago, Magicfan1987 said:

I think it's fair to judge Kawhi but we have heard zero from him or his reps. Everything has been "sources". I'm not saying he is a saint but I'd guess not all of this stuff is true. 

41 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

I think it's fair to judge Kawhi but we have heard zero from him or his reps. Everything has been "sources". I'm not saying he is a saint but I'd guess not all of this stuff is true. 

Exactly though. We've heard nothing from him. At all. If it's not true why doesn't he come out and clear the air? The fact that he chooses to remain silent is his choice but if "sources" kept making me out to be a monumental douchebag and diva with lies I'd probably want to try and dispute that. In this case the silence from his camp is deafening.

• Upvote 1

You guys aren't telling the whole story. MPJ's latest surgery supposedly is a revolutionary procedure that will allow him to play this season, at least that's what he says.

43 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

You guys aren't telling the whole story. MPJ's latest surgery supposedly is a revolutionary procedure that will allow him to play this season, at least that's what he says.

As someone whose work station is located directly in the center of a 24-bed inpatient Orthopaedics unit at one of the country's foremost academic medical centers, I can tell you that the spin of "actually, this 2nd spinal surgery is great" is ludicrous.  I am worried about him being in an NBA rotation 3 years down the line. 

It's why I haven't quite understood all the "Denver got a STEAL at 14!!!!" talk, because I'm not sure you could have convinced me to spend a 1st round pick on him.  At some point the risk is too great, and this is an applicable case.

I would be shocked if MPJ's best-case scenario exceeds average spot-up shooter.