magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

7 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Kemba will be 30. Really would like to get him here now if he's the target.  I'll pass on Bledose. Think he's declining. Everyone else l just don't think they're worth waiting for. 

Kemba will be 29 but if that's really an issue to you what difference does it make getting him now or a year from now?

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

Kemba will be 29 but if that's really an issue to you what difference does it make getting him now or a year from now?

Chemistry, continuity, playing to win, just gives us more time. A year in the NBA does a lot. 

7 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

How about we are sick and tired of f ing LOSING!!!    

Why give up a bunch of stuff to get him when you could keep that stuff and get him anyway in a year

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Why give up a bunch of stuff to get him when you could keep that stuff and get him anyway in a year

Because some of that stuff might be stuff we're better off without anyways.

1 hour ago, Magicman28 said:

Small and injured? Yeah that played a role. Not Weltman's MO. However I think it's more about AG/Isaac than IT. I firmly believe AG was told he was going to have a huge role offensively. IT is very ball dominating and probably even more this year to prove something.

As has already been discussed, I.T. was going to be a potential hindrance to the development of our long-term players by his ball-dominant presence. Sure, he might push us to the playoffs, but the cost of long-term development was likely too much in a scenario where Thomas was looking to prove himself. 

I am not a very big fan of our point guard scenario right now, but as has already been said, we can address this in another season when we’re actually looking to compete for a legitimate shot at an eastern conference title. 

I’m still of the opinion I want Jameer Nelson to finish his career in an Orlando Magic uniform.  Would love him as a veteran presence and third PG perhaps next year. 

1 minute ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Yes. U don’t think Kemba is worth it?

Not when we might be a potential lottery team next year and could get another piece for the next 10 years rather than Kemba Walker for the last three years of his prime  while we are not competing for a championship. 

We aren’t beating Philadelphia or Boston in the next two years. Therefore, chasing Kemba at the expense of the future is short-sighted. 

4 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

A first round pick?

Absolutely. Done with the draft. Considering next years is very weak, probably good timing to be done with it. 

Just now, TreyMachine said:

Not when we might be a potential lottery team next year and could get another piece for the next 10 years rather than Kemba Walker for the last three years of his prime  while we are not competing for a championship. 

We aren’t beating Philadelphia or Boston in the next two years. Therefore, chasing Kemba at the expense of the future is short-sighted. 

It’s time to be short sighted.